PGCE Early Years
The programme will:
• prepare students for the teaching profession as early years (3–7 years) specialists with experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage and in Key Stage 1
• promote ongoing professional development leading to lifelong learning in education
• develop masters-level skills.
The programme includes specific focus on developing learning communities, the nature of Early Years and Key Stage 1 settings and providing opportunities for learning across the areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and for Key Stage 1 subjects. Trainee teachers will also be given opportunities to develop their understanding of the progression of children’s key skills through this vital early stage in a child’s learning and how Early Years practice can enrich Key Stage 1 classrooms. The programme has a decidedly Early Years flavour and good practice will be modelled in faculty teaching as well as during placements in both Early Years and Key Stage 1 settings.
As a trainee you will spend half of your PGCE year in local schools, with two extended placements as well as some shorter
visits. During these periods you will be supervised jointly by a school mentor and a faculty tutor.
• Teaching experience in three different schools and educational settings
• Critical reflection on educational issues and national initiatives
• Courses to cover the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Primary National Curriculum
International Student Requirements:
The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 7.0.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 10770 GBP
Out State Tuition (per year): 10770 GBP