MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-registration)
Occupational therapists work with people of all ages who have physical, mental health, social or environmental problems that
have an impact on their ability to do the things they want to do. Occupational therapists aim to enable people to live as independently as possible, using purposeful occupation to promote and restore health and wellbeing.
The programme aims to develop practitioners who are:
• Confident in articulating knowledge and understanding of people as occupational beings
• Able to critically evaluate the importance of occupational engagement throughout the changing needs of the life cycle and work with this for the benefit of each individual
• Highly skilled, reflective and confident in their understanding of the philosophy of the profession, the relevant sciences that guide practice and the creative reflexivity for effecting necessary change
• Articulate and self-assured in their professional identity as critical, analytical reflective lifelong learners
• Highly proficient in synthesising the reflection on practice experience to theory, with in-depth and critical understanding of contemporary professional issues
• Fit for purpose, practice and award thus meeting the requirement to be eligible to apply for entry to the Health and Care Profession Council’s register for Occupational Therapists and membership of the British Association of Occupational Therapists.
The programme involves practice placement, experiential learning, problem-based learning and research. The theoretical evidence underpinning practice will be emphasised and integrated throughout the programme. The programme structure also facilitates progressive development of key transferable skills as part of a philosophy that promotes continuing personal and professional development.
International Student Requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 7 is required in all areas.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 11750 GBP
Out State Tuition (per year): 11750 GBP