The programme values the student experience and builds on the University’s vision of advancing knowledge and transforming lives through education and research. The available pathways are:
• Contemporary Healthcare
• Contemporary Healthcare in Advancing Practice
• Contemporary Healthcare in Health Genetics
• Contemporary Healthcare in Midwifery.
Other specialist pathways are planned in the fields of ‘mental health’ and ‘child’.
The aim of the programme is to equip health professionals with advance knowledge and skills by:
• Developing a contemporary approach to health and social care through advancing and utilising knowledge and skills in professional practice
• Ensuring professional practice is underpinned by a focus on excellence and sustainability by developing a critical, analytical and creative approach
• Equipping individuals for lead roles in management, clinical practice and/or education
• Designing and undertaking research that will enhance and develop patient care and/or service provision.
Recognising the importance of a student-centred approach to enhance student learning plus the fact that the majority of the students will be part-time, working full time in a health or social care environment, the programme is underpinned by constructivist learning principles, and inquiry-based learning principles. The focus therefore is on facilitating learning
through the synergy of academic expertise and the knowledge brought by students. There is an emphasis on problem-solving and active learning through the interaction with other students, as well as critical reflection.
• Health and social care futures
• Advancing research knowledge in practice
Modules are delivered by a team of staff with extensive experience in the health and social care environment.
International Student Requirements:
A relevant first degree or European first cycle equivalent plus a professional qualification in health or social care. Those without a degree but with relevant practicerelated experience may be eligible to apply.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 11750 GBP
Out State Tuition (per year): 11750 GBP