MA Architectural Conservation
There are seven key objectives to the taught modules:
• to enhance your understanding of the legislative and management framework related to architectural conservation
• to develop your understanding of the philosophies and attitudes underpinning conservation
• to further your skills in observing, recording, analysing, understanding and evaluating historic buildings and places, particularly in the South West
• to emphasise conservation as a design activity and hone your skills in better judging the nature of interventions, and to increase design awareness of the appropriate professionals
• to extend your knowledge of techniques for care, repair and adaptation
• to uncover the role of the many experts and specialists in the field of conservation
• to prepare you for professional accreditation in architectural conservation
The MA stage has four key objectives:
• to provide you with the opportunity to pursue a topic of your choice in depth
• to deepen your understanding of the research process via a research project
• to generate research-based knowledge of relevance to architectural conservation, policy and practice within work settings and/or the wider community
• to develop the skills which will enable you to take leadership roles in relation to research and practice
International Student Requirements:
Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. For further advice on the appropriateness of overseas qualifications and proficiency in the use of English, please contact our International Office.
The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 11750 GBP
Out State Tuition (per year): 11750 GBP