Employment Law LLM
- to provide an understanding of the legal basis of individual and collective employment relations;
- to provide a working knowledge of the UK and European Union case law in the employment sphere;
- to identify the framework of law in the context of contemporary employment relations;
- to provide an understanding of the legal regulation of the contract of employment
- to appreciate the scope and limitation of the law in relation to combating discrimination and providing for equal opportunities;
- to understand the legal regulation of termination of employment, including alternative dispute resolution;
- to analyse the economic and social forces playing upon collective labour relations, the role of collective bargaining and employee participation in the workplace and the provision of a legal framework within which these activities may take place.
- to appreciate the relationship between human rights and employment law, and the role of supra national sources in this sphere.
- Contemporary Employment Relations
- Equality at Work
- Termination of Employment and Individual Dispute Resolution
- Key Themes in Employment Law
University of Leicester