Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma in Global eHealth, MSc in Global eHealth
• Enhance your career in eHealth with flexible online study
eHealth is a rapidly-growing exciting and innovative interdisciplinary field concerned with the use of digital information and communications technologies (ICT) in the contexts of health service management, patient care delivery, citizen-centred health and healthcare research.
Demand for eHealth expertise is rising and this fully-accredited online Postgraduate programme will equip its graduates with the knowledge and skills required to develop and thrive in the field.
• Why enrol in this programme?
This international and interdisciplinary programme introduces eHealth in the context of international health systems and global health challenges, supported by specialist courses covering areas such as public health informatics, tele-medicine and mHealth. It offers a unique the opportunity to develop a comprehensive critical understanding of the many technical and sociotechnical factors underpinning eHealth and the research skills needed to study, implement and evaluate eHealth innovations.
The programme has a particular focus on the human and organizational influences on technology adoption, the business and policy drivers for eHealth and the effective design and evaluation of digital health innovations. We also examine technological aspects of health information infrastructures and systems.
• Flexible study options
The programme is taught and assessed entirely online so you can study at a time and in a place that suits you best. There are part-time, intermittent and Postgraduate Professional Development options to study towards a postgraduate certificate, a postgraduate diploma or a full MSc (Master's) degree. Elective courses and flexible assessment options allow the degree to tailored to your professional and personal interests.
• Delivered entirely online
One of the best aspects of studying online is the rich network of people you learn alongside, and the ease with which communication is facilitated through online discussion boards, webinars and text chats. Networking with students and tutors is via the programme learning environment, and stimulating tutor-supported online activities include discussion boards, wikis, blogs and web-conferencing. Access to journal articles, ebooks, videos and other resources is seamlessly provided from the online learning environment.
• Who is it for?
The MSc in eHealth will benefit people who either have or are seeking a career with international health and development agencies, governments or healthcare organisations or a relevant related area. It will also be useful to designers of eHealth technologies and those seeking to evaluate the impacts of new innovations.
• What other benefits will this degree bring?
- The MSc in Global eHealth is awarded by the University of Edinburgh, which is a top ranking accredited University recognised world-wide.
- Taught by leading academics and practitioners from the University of Edinburgh, this programme also benefits from having the support of external tutors who are leading experts in international eHealth policy and practice.
- As part of a network of international tutors and learners you will benefit from being able to draw on their unique professional experiences, thereby enriching the educational benefits for all.
- Students of this programme join the University of Edinburgh's Global Health Academy, part of a thriving multidisciplinary network of Global Academies.
- The teaching and support team is based in the University of Edinburgh's internationally-respected Centre for Population Health Science, which was recently been designated the World Health Organization's Collaborating Centre for Population Health Research and Training.
International Student Requirements:
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your spoken and written English.
IELTS minimum score
- IELTS Academic module: 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each section)
Other accepted tests and scores
- TOEFL-iBT: 92 (with at least 20 in all sections)
- PTE: 61 (with no score lower than 56 in each of the 'Communicative Skills' sections - 'Enabling Skills' section scores are not considered)
- CPE: Grade B; CAE: Grade A
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 3950 GBP
Out State Tuition (per year): 3950 GBP
Classification: Higher Education Institution (Not Carnegie Classified)
Locale: Midsize City