This campus based course has two intakes. Those enrolling in September will attend for one calendar year whilst January entrants will follow a 16 month programme (to include the summer period).
MA Design offers the perfect blend of theory and practical application and allows you to focus on particular design disciplines such as;
MA Fashion Design
MA Fashion Marketing
MA Graphic Design
MA Industrial Design
MA Interior Design
MA Multimedia Design
MA 3D Design
MA Transportation Design
MA Design is an ideal course for designers and design graduates who want to develop their skills in a particular design direction. Through project based work, students can tailor their learning in a way that is relevant to them and their career aspirations.
Consequently, this programme has generally recruited designers or design graduates who want to improve their career prospects within a design company or want to set up their own business.
There are a total of 180 credits in this degree. Eighty of these are theory based and cover essential elements such as;
- Creative Thinking and Intellectual Property (20 credits)
- Cross Cultural Communications (10 credits)
- Research Principles (10 credits)
- Reflective Practice (10 credits)
- Contemporary Influences (10 credits)
- Commercialisation (including brand/marketing communications) (20 credits)
These contextual modules provide the perfect foundation for the remainder of the degree which is studio based, equates to 100 credits and includes;
- Project Proposal (20 credits)
- Project Research and Development (20 credits)
- Final Project (60 credits)
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
International Student Requirements:
Please contact The International Office at Northumbria University for further advice.