PhD in Technology
The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) was established to spearhead exceptional integrative PhD research and education that transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- Our multi-disciplinary environment affords exceptionally gifted, motivated students tremendous flexibility. If they choose to, students can explore the possibility of dipping into fields of study and research different from the disciplines they originate from.
- Our students have access to a world-class infrastructure, and receive research supervision from distinguished academics from two (or more) different fields of their choosing and interests.
- And, the curriculum is tailor-made by and to each individual student’s needs and interests, and affords ample opportunities to ensure and enhance integrative learning.
What is Unique About Our PhD-cum-Scholarship Programmes
- NGS: flexible and student-centred
- Integrative PhD research projects, facilitated by joint- and multi-supervisory arrangements, put together by each student himself/herself according to individual research needs and interests
- Rigorous selection of research-active PhD supervisors from
- various NUS Faculties/Schools &
- research institutes
on the basis of
- outstanding publication record,
- commitment to graduate education, and
- an unwavering interest in tackling tough research problems in innovative ways,covering overarching spectrum of fields in science, engineering, computing and bio-medicine
- unique core curriculum with emphasis on cross-disciplinary learning, in combination with elective modules, that can be tailored to / by each student
Our fully-funded PhD-cum-Scholarship programme is open worldwide to
- outstanding Bachelor degree holders (or above), with excellent research potential and passion in innovative, high-calibre research
- from all branches of life, physical, computer and engineering sciences, and medicine with the following terms
- fully-funded, with tuition fees waived for 4 years
- most attractive monthly stipend of S$3,000 plus allowances for books, top-tier international conferences & exhibitions and ITware
- opportunities for Ph.D. research based both in Singapore, and USA/Europe/Japan/China/Australia/etc, in order to engage in globally progressive research both within and beyond Singapore
How to Start?
Seize the opportunity, challenge yourself, and achieve research excellence among the world’s best.
Contact the school for information
International Student Requirements:
Open worldwide to Bachelor degree holders (and above), with at least a very good 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications and excellent research potential, from all branches of life, physical, computer & engineering sciences, and medicine