Dual qualification Urban Planning and Real Estate Development
The International Postgraduate Program of Advanced Studies in Urbanism and Real Estate Development (ASURED) aims to raise leaders within both planning and property sectors who are ethical, politically committed and technically capable of planning and developing high quality urban places.
ASURED is a 2 years (3 terms + 6 months for developing the final Thesis) part-time postgraduate program, scheduled between Oct.2013 – June 2015. ASURED includes 6 concentration periods for face-to-face meetings (2 per semester) that will be held at the CEP headquarter in Bucharest. The total tuition cost is €4800 .
Students enrolled in the program will study fundamental economics and political processes that shape the built environment of cities, and ways in which governments, community-based organizations, private sector actors, and political entities produce and influence these processes.
A Program with Unique Features - ASURED is one of the four international programs worldwide offering education in both urban planning and real estate development within the same program. ASURED is unique in that it offers a teaching staff mix from Western and Eastern Europe and the U.S. Moreover, ASURED graduates will have the right and necessary competences to directly apply for RICS membership after graduation
The international postgraduate program of Advanced Studies in Urbanism and Real Estate Development (ASURED) was specifically designed for RICS accreditation. RICS (The Royal Institute of Certified Surveyors) is the most prestigious organization covering more than 21 specialties within the real estate domain, founded in United Kingdom in 1868 and providing the world’s leading professional qualification for the land, property and construction industry.
To satisfy RICS accreditation requirements, the ASURED Program was designed as a part-time, distance learning 2-year program which offers 96 credits and a total of 2400 study hours. RICS accreditation is currently pending.
The 15 European and U.S. faculty interact face-to-face with the students in “concentration periods” of 3-4 weeks at the CEP elegant facility in Bucharest, a historic monument built at the beginning of the 20th century. Each course takes a full week and a follow up period of supervision, advice and grading. Two integrated projects in urbanism and real estate development, a practicum and the final thesis complete the program.
Postgraduate; no age limit, but the program is aimed towards candidates with minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Target students come from different work environments, from both private and public sector, as follows: CEE, EU and overseas graduate students interested in developing a career in real estate, advisory in urban affairs to local and national governments, international urban planning and development research, university teaching, etc.; public servants looking for specialisation in Urban and Territorial Development and Real Estate-related areas; professionals in Urban Planning, Real Estate and other related fields interested in further specialisation and international networking.
Application - required documents:
- Proof of bachelor or master degree in related fields ;
- Europass Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Proof of English capability TOEFL or similar certifications and/or experience in English-speaking working environments;
- Cover letter on the motivation for applying to the ASURED advanced studies program (in English) and the expectations raised by the program (aprox. 1000 words).
Selected candidates will be interviewed in person or via Skype.
Applications and questions can be sent electronically to : email@example.com
ASURED prepares students for careers/ job opportunities in international and cross-borders companies and projects. After completing the program, graduates are expected to engage in:
- international urban planning and development practices,
- real estate activities,
- advising mayors, politicians, planning boards, investors, lenders and developers,
- teaching urban planning and real estate and
- conducting audits and research.
CEP and ASURED faculty will advise and support ASURED graduates on the job market.
The International Postgraduate Program of Advanced Studies in Urbanism and Real Estate Development (ASURED) is organised in partnership with:
- "Ion Mincu" University of Architecture and Urbanism (UAUIM)
- The Faculty of Urban Planning (FUP- UAUIM),
- RICS (The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors),
- Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii
RICS accreditation - RICS (The Royal Institute of Certified Surveyors) is the most prestigious organization covering more than 21 specialties within the real estate field, founded in United Kingdom in 1868 and providing the world’s leading professional qualification for the land, property and construction industry. The International Postgraduate Program of Advanced Studies in Urbanism and Real Estate Development (ASURED) was specifically designed for RICS accreditation. ASURED graduates will have the right and necessary competences to directly apply for RICS membership after graduation
International Student Requirements:
- Proof of bachelor or master degree in related fields (architecture, urban planning, economy, geography, law, government and administration, international studies, real estate certifications, etc.)
- minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Proof of English capability (reading, comprehension, writing, speaking fluency): TOEFL or similar certifications and/or experience in English-speaking working environments
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):