Vytautas Magnus University
Faculty of Social Sciences
Management of Education
Master of Education
Study programme aims to prepare the masters in the education science specialised in the field of the management of education. They shall be able to work in the institutions of formal and informal education, in the human resource development and career planning at the enterprises, as well as to design and organise the curricula at the all levels of the system of education.
• To design training/learning programmes responding to the needs of learners, labour market and changing society and based on the education strategies and policies of Lithuania and the EU.
• To plan the activities of education providers and curriculum design.
• To apply training/learning methods, materials and measures corresponding to aimed learning outcomes, the needs of learners, training/learning environment and available resources.
• To assess attained learning outcomes in the context of training subject/module, programme and organisation.
• To design strategic development plan of educational organisation and the programme of it‘s implementation based on the theoretic and empiric research and critical evaluation of new ideas, alternative solutions and social consequences.
• To execute research of human resource career planning and professional development needs of the staff.
• To design the plan of human resource career development and training of staff.
• To execute applied research in the management of education according to prepared research design
International Student Requirements:
• Those, who did not study the modules or subjects in the science of education in their bachelor degree studies are required to study the 1st cycle subject the Education science (subject of B group) in parallel with the master degree studies.
• Those, who did not study the modules or subjects in the psychology in their bachelor degree studies are required to study the 1st cycle subject the Psychology (subject of B group) in parallel with the master degree studies.
• Those, who did not study the modules or subjects in management in their bachelor degree studies are required to study the 1st cycle subject „Management“ (subject of B group) in parallel with the master degree studies.
• Students with the vocational bachelor degree have to study in the special programme of compensatory studies with the maximal volume of 60 ECTS credits.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes