East Asia Region Studies (MA)
Programme Objectives and Competencies Acquired
Students are able to analyze political processes in Asia countries; knows theoretical models and their
practical applications for examining regional political and economic phenomena. A graduate is able to
identify, analyze, evaluate, foresee the main tendencies of political and economic processes in the East
Asia region; is competent to analyze political processes in different countries in the regional context.
Graduates of the programme of the East Asia region studies will have a possibility to work in different
state, nongovernmental and private institutions such as public institutions of the Republic of Lithuania,
diplomatic missions, EU institutions, diplomatic missions of East Asia countries in Lithuania,
educational institutions. Graduates of the programme of the East Asia Region studies are offered the
possibility to continue their studies in the post-graduate programme in the field of Social Sciences.
After successful completion of these studies they will be granted Master degrees.
This programme is accreditated by Center for Quality Assessment in Higher Education which belongs to ENIC/NARIC network. The diploma is recognized all over the world.
International Student Requirements:
• Application form;
• Bachelor / Master degree diploma and its supplement (transcript of records / mark sheet) in the original language and translated into English, and:
1) Approved by “Appostille” - for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention;
2) Legalized by the Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education (www.skvc.lt) in Lithuania - for other countries citizens;
• Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, ELTC, etc.);
• Letter of motivation (300 – 500 words);
• Curriculum vitae;
• Notary certified copy of your passport or other document of identification;
• Copy of document showing paid application fee 50 EUR (where the name of the applicant and the date of payment are indicated);
• 2 recent passport size photos (3 x 4 cm);
• Accommodation form. All application documents must arrive at the International Office at VMU by the application deadline and must be either in English or Lithuanian language.