Vytautas Magnus University
Faculty of Social Sciences
To prepare qualified career designing specialists, able to make research, evaluate, manage and to develop individual person‘s or organization‘s career designing culture in the institutions of education and labour market, applying effective strategies of choosing profession or further career development in the context of permanently changing educational and labour market needs.
• To evaluate critically theories of career designing and other related sciences as well to apply them for systemic analyses of career designing phenomena;
• To apply career education and career planning strategies in education and labour market organizations, assuring possibilities for vocational self-expression and permanent development;
• To systemize newest information and research data about general education, vocational training and labour market possibilities and changing tendencies as well as applicability for vocational and career counselling practice;
• To design vocational career research projects, corresponding to the needs of education and labour market organizations to get original data about state of art of vocational information, counselling as well as career planning activities;
• To apply vocational career research results, giving advice for education and labour market organizations to improve career designing activities;
• To design plans for persons of various target groups to choose profession or further career development;
• To give advice for person or group of persons about professions, their content and requirements for personal features and qualification, vocational training system and labour market needs;
• To apply ethical principles for informing and counselling, performing research on cognition of person, professions and labour market as well as designing information and counselling plans.
International Student Requirements:
To apply for studies in programme could bachelors from social and humanities fields as well as persons having analogical university educational background; also persons having professional bachelor qualification in the same social and humanities fields.
Complementary study programme (13-18 ECTS) could be designed for those master students, who didn‘t finished introductory bachelor level course units in education and psychology, but have university bachelor education level. Complementary studies for persons who have professional bachelor qualification should not exceed more than 60 ECTS credits. Complementary study programme for those persons is conducted together with bachelor studies students.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required: 90 ECTS
In State Tuition (per year): 3680 EUR
Out State Tuition (per year): 3680 EUR