Master of Political Science
Programme Objectives and Competencies Acquired
A graduate is competent to analyze political processes in different countries in the regional context;
knows theoretical models and their practical applications for examining regional political and
economical phenomena; knows the political systems in the region, historical aspects of the regional
processes and developmental perspectives in the region; is able to formulate research questions and to
perceive the development of the Baltic countries in the European and global context; is able to
identify, analyze, evaluate and foresee the main tendencies of political and economic processes in the
Graduates of the programme of the Baltic Region Studies will have a possibility to work in various
State, non-governmental, international and private institutions, permanent representations to
international organizations, at economy units, at educational institution or can pursue an academic
career and enrol in PhD studies in the field of Social Sciences.
The Baltic Region Studies degree is taken as a joint degree programme in collaboration with
international partner universities: University of Tartu (Estonia), University of Latvia (Latvia) and
University of Turku (Finland).
This program is accreditated by Center for Quality Assessment in Higher Education which belongs to ENIC/NARIC network. Diploma is recognized all over the world.
International Student Requirements:
• Application form;
• Bachelor / Master degree diploma and its supplement (transcript of records / mark sheet) in the original language and translated into English, and:
1) Approved by “Appostille” - for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention;
2) Legalized by the Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education (www.skvc.lt) in Lithuania - for other countries citizens;
• Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, ELTC, etc.);
• Letter of motivation (300 – 500 words);
• Curriculum vitae;
• Notary certified copy of your passport or other document of identification;
• Copy of document showing paid application fee 50 EUR (where the name of the applicant and the date of payment are indicated);
• 2 recent passport size photos (3 x 4 cm);
• Accommodation form.