National University of Ireland, Galway
College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Celtic Studies
Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Master of Arts in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
This post-graduate course provides an intellectually challenging and vocationally relevant programme using new technology delivery mechanisms, which enables graduates to contribute significantly to the teaching and training profession in Ireland and abroad. This Masters programme is intended to give trainers and teachers working with students an opportunity to:
- Extend and deepen their knowledge and understanding of theory underlying the teaching of English to non-native speaking students.
- Further develop analytical and critical skills.
- Explore research-based knowledge in integrating theory and practice in learning and development.
- To train the trainer; teacher training skills such as running workshops and seminars for trainers involved in pre-service or in-service teacher training courses.
- Contemporary issues in teaching young learners and adult learners.
- Bring new standards of excellence to the quality of Teaching English as a Foreign language, learning, education and training practice.
- Enhance skills and understanding of information technology processes and systems
Contact the school for information