This production-centred programme will interest graduates of any discipline who wish to acquire editorial and production skills in radio and television broadcasting, and those who want specialist skills in areas such as programme research and production funding for broadcast. The programme equips students with the essential production practices to pursue a career in radio and television production.
The MA includes studio production techniques; editorial and scriptwriting skills; single and multi-camera operation; microphone and sound recording skills; production management; radio and television presentation, production and direction; editing for radio and television.
You will also learn about editorial content for programme genres, from news to culture and arts, sports to current affairs, light entertainment to documentary, chat shows to political analysis.
On completion of this programme, you will have acquired:
* creative and technical production skills specific to radio and television broadcasting
* a portfolio of production projects (such as news, current affairs, magazine and light entertainment shows)
* a knowledge of professional production roles specific to radio and television
* an expanded network of professional contacts in radio and television
* an understanding of new production contexts
* a range of transferable skills in areas such as project management and teamwork.