* The MBA offers you a unique opportunity to study advanced theory and practice relating to management and to develop an appreciation of the causes and significance of managing strategy
* This unique programme allows you to choose a specialist route for your MBA award – Business Management, HRM, Project Management, Finance, Information Systems or Marketing
* Aimed at graduates of all disciplines who wish to seek skills and knowledge in business management in an international environment
* The award of MBA is synonymous worldwide
* Graduates progress in to positions of management across a diverse range of organisations and multinationals, domestically and internationally.
Aims of the Programme:
The ability to confidently manage a business represents a valuable skill-set particularly in the current turbulent economic environment. In order for an organisation to be flexible in diverse business environments and to change direction at speed, there must be expertise in business management and business strategy in a global context. The aim of the programme is to develop these sets of abilities with a particular focus on a thorough understanding of business management. The MBA at Dublin Business School offers you a unique opportunity to study advanced theory and practice relating to management, and to develop an appreciation of the causes and significance of managing strategy.
Key Features of the Programme:
This unique programme allows you to choose a specialist route for your MBA award. Students can obtain a named award in any of six streams: HRM; Project Management; Finance; Information Systems; Marketing or general Business Management. This ensures students are afforded the widest choice of specialisms from which to choose. A practitioner focus is part of this programme. Industry-led workshops and guest lecturers keep information current and applied.
All streams within your MBA programme will include:
* Personal, academic and professional development.
* Lectures and assessment methods that apply the business knowledge required for students to perform as an effective manager in any organisation.
* Through extensive study of key issues in business theories students will be capable of evaluation and application of important global management issues which impact on organisational effectiveness and performance
* Knowledge and understanding of global business, most especially on issues such as globalisation, standardisation and customisation of products and services.
* Skills and knowledge to inform you how an organisation is best managed in a changing world.
With these in mind, the programme is designed to provide you with relevant knowledge, so that you are familiar with the latest theoretical and practical developments relating to business management and development.
The Finance stream addresses international banking and finance through The Theory of Finance and Financial Markets and Institutions modules which can allow organisations to anticipate economic outcomes and make changes of direction quickly in response to economic pressures.