Masters of Arts in Global Communications, Fashion Track
Paris is at the center of the multi-trillion dollar global fashion industry. The Fashion Track within the MA in Global Communications takes advantage of this privileged position to provide on-location, in-depth study of this hybrid field undergoing exciting and fast transformation.
Traditional to cutting-edge
Graduating from the Fashion Track you will have developed a deep insight into the fashion industry and the skills to build a career in traditional fashion communications or one of the expanding, future-focused aspects of the industry including:
- the marketing of global luxury brands
- the rise of ethical fashion, such as cause-related marketing, Labor Behind the Label and sustainable consumption
- NGO fashion and textile production for sustainable development
- cultural implications of globalized fashion
- the digital revolution in fashion journalism and marketing including blogs and websites
- fashion centers and cities worldwide
Throughout the degree, you will have the opportunity to further engage with visiting professionals and researchers at the top of their fields. Speakers have included couture designers, brand managers, journalists and PR specialists to discuss topics from trend forecasting to artistic 3D fashion space design to sustainable fashion.
A Hybrid Program
Balancing creativity, communication skills and business insight, the program offers a comprehensive education within this diverse industry. As a student you will have the chance to expand your understanding of subjects including:
- Fashion Journalism and PR – join a growing profession in the digital age
- Paris Fashion and Design Template – discover the many locations in Paris important to fashion history and present day fashion spaces
- The Fashion System – understand the supply chain and the business side of fashion
- Fashion Theory – understand the meaning behind wearing clothes
The program offers an extensive range of classes blending theory and practice. You also have a choice of practicums in sustainable development, NGOs, or Branding and courses in PR and journalism.
The American University of Paris has been continuously accredited since 1973 by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), one of only six prestigious regional accreditation associations in the United States. The Middle States Commission accredits many other well known universities in the United States, such as Cornell University, Columbia University, and New York University.
AUP is a non-profit educational institution incorporated in the State of Delaware and licensed by the Board of Education as a Delaware institution of higher education. The University is registered in the United States as a 501 (c) (3), a not-for-profit organization.
"General requirements for graduate programs
A successful application to The American University of Paris requires several supporting documents and sometimes tests. Most can be uploaded directly in your online application. We cannot provide you with a decision until we receive all of your documents.
- Online application form
- Personal statement
- C.V. or résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- English Language Test
- Standardized tests (required for most programs)
International Student Requirements:
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 48
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): n/a
In State Tuition (per year): 40,470 EUR
Out State Tuition (per year): 40,470 EUR
Locale: Large City