Master of Arts in Humanities
• Unique 2-year Master’s programme that provides an interdisciplinary background and gives a theoretical base for application of semiotic ideas to a wide variety of disciplines and scientific study;
• No tuition fee and monthly stipends available;
• UT is one of world’s major centers of semiotics, it is regularly visited by famous professors M. Anderson, P. Bouissac, J. Deely, D. Gorlee, J. Hoffmeyer, W. Nöth, R. Posner, F. Stjernfelt, E. Tarasti, etc.;
• Long history: the tradition of semiotics in Tartu was established byJuri Lotman, the founder of semiotics of culture, the Tartu-Moscow Semiotic School and the oldest journal of semiotics, Sign Systems Studies;
• Fine collection of semiotic materials, including the memorial library of Thomas Sebeok and the Centre of Jakob von Üexküll;
• Excellent international career prospects: semiotic consulting companies, marketing, media, advertising, doctoral studies and scientific research, international organizations.
Ministry of Education and Research.
International Student Requirements:
1. Submit the online application form. You will receive an applicant code, which gives access to your account to track your application status. We ask you to upload the electronic copies of all the required documents to your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme; 2. mail the printed and signed application (do not send any documents by e-mail) with all the required documents by the indicated deadline to: International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, ESTONIA.
Application deadline - April 16