Master of Arts in Humanities
- 2-year Master’s programme that gives a systematic overview of the field of philosophy, theoretical developments and methods of philosophical research;
- Focus on history of Ancient Greek, Classical German and modern philosophy, ethics, esthetics, moral and political philosophy, philosophy of science, mind and language, logic;
- No tuition fee;
- International career prospective: graduates can continue their studies or work in any field from public sector to business and journalism;
- Great research opportunities: students can contribute to research and participate in conferences. UT organizes yearly 3-5 international conferences where world leading philosophers give presentations;
- Wide range of literature: the Department of Philosophy and the Centre of Ethics have a common library which gathers systematically both classic and up-to-date literature;
- International expertise: lecturers from Estonia, Austria, Ireland, Italy, Japan, France and Finland;
- Study-related group discussions: Analytical Philosophy Seminar, Ethics Group, Phenomenology Seminar, Analytical Philosophy Summer School.
Ministry of Education and Research of Estonia
International Student Requirements:
1. Submit the online application form. You will receive an applicant code, which gives access to your account to track your application status. We ask you to upload the electronic copies of all the required documents to your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme.
2. Mail the printed and signed application (do not send any documents by e-mail) with all the required documents by the indicated deadline to: International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, ESTONIA.