Master of Science
1-year Master's programme preparing specialists for financial sector, banking and insurance industries in quantitative methods of risk assessment and hedging, providing knowledge and skills in two major areas - financial engineering and insurance mathematics.
What you can expect from this programme:
- Special emphasis on applied mathematical models and quantitative methods.
- Only programme of this kind in the region, meeting EU educational standards in actuarial mathematics.
- Graduates very competitive on national and international job market as analysts, actuaries and risk engineers.
- Knowledge, practical skills and competence needed to succeed in careers at banks, insurance companies, consulting, financial utilities and financial supervisory authorities
Why choose the University of Tartu for your Master's
- The University of Tartu, founded in 1632, is one of the oldest universities in Northern Europe, offering a true academic environment and modern facilities for studies.
- Tartu is a unique university town with an intellectual atmosphere, rich history and student traditions. It is a great place to study and live.
- All graduates of Financial Mathematics can find jobs easily in Estonia and around the world
- This Master's programme prepares students for professional opportunities or further PhD studies in Mathematical Statistics at the University of Tartu or elsewhere. The University of Tartu offers doctoral programme in Mathematics, Economics or Mathematical Statistics with specialization in Financial Mathematics.
Estonian Ministry of Education and Research
International Student Requirements:
Students are admitted according to ranking lists formed on the basis of entrance requirements set separately for each curriculum.
- Submit the online application form. You will receive an applicant code, which gives access to your account to track your application status. We ask you to upload the electronic copies of all the required documents to your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme;
- Mail the printed and signed application (do not send any documents by e-mail) with all the required documents by the indicated deadline to: International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, ESTONIA.
Application deadline - April 16
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 3200 EUR
Out State Tuition (per year): 3200 USD