Democracy and Governance
• 2-year Master’s programme integrating empirical and theoretical knowledge about political systems, democratic institutions, public governance and policy analysis;
• Students study in an international educational atmosphere that allows them to exchange their experiences and enrich their perspective on democracy and governance;
• Affordable tuition fee (3200 EUR/year), tuition-waiver scholarships available;
• Modern classrooms and innovative teaching methods, including extra-class activities, such as film series, study trips, public lectures, etc.
• Courses are taught by international and Estonian political experts, who also organize international conferences and workshops;
• Students graduating from this programme will have comprehensive knowledge on modern democratic institutions and their political processes, involving both governmental institutions and civil society.
If you are considering a career in government or politics, these are the most fundamental questions to think about – and they’re the most important challenges to tackle as a professional in this field.
The MA programme in Democracy and Governance offers you the knowledge and skills to be a part of this search for solutions.
The programme provides in-depth knowledge about:
- the global, historical context of democracy
- modern democratic institutions
- public policy and governance
- political theory and ethics
- elections and political behavior
- comparative ethnopolitics
Minister of Education and Research of Estonia
International Student Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
2. English language requirements (TOEFL - iBT 75, IELTS 5.5, details listed on the official web-site)