M.F.A. - Interdisciplinary Studies
Successful applicants typically have an undergraduate degree with a minimum overall grade of 3.0 or B. Note: most funding applications call for 3.67 or A- to qualify. Applicants must demonstrate they have substantial training in at least one art discipline and evidence of an active artistic practice as evidenced by supporting materials submitted with the application.
Applicants must submit:
- official sealed transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions,
- a CV showing juried and non-juried exhibitions of work, funding received, published works and collaborative works produced,
- an artist statement outlining your background, primary discipline and your interdisciplinary interests,
- three short project proposals detailing the nature, scope and content of your disciplinary and interdisciplinary interests,
- three letters of reference,
- portfolio and
- sample of academic writing or a published article
International Student Requirements:
Foreign students may be required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language,
attained by scoring 570 or above in the Test of English as a Foreign Language
(or a score of 230 or better in computer based test.) The IELTS is also acceptable with
an overall band score of 7.0.