The program trains engineers in the field of mechanical engineering in the design, manufacturing and application of tools and systems for the benefit of society: machine tools, robotics, ground and air transportation, automated systems, thermal machines and mechanical systems.
Based on the fundamental mechanical sciences (kinematics and dynamics, vibration theory, production techniques, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, strength of materials, electrical engineering, machine elements, mechanical design techniques...), the student obtains at the end of study:
- A thorough knowledge in control theory, measurement techniques, numerical simulation techniques, mechanical drive systems, continuum mechanics and the standards and regulations related to engineering;
- In-depth skills on mechanical design and research;
- A broad analytical, problem-synthetic thinking;
- Scientific training in order to participate within research projects and activities;
- Leadership and management skills using knowledge, social skills and understanding of the ethical, social and economic framework;
- The ability to acquire and create new insights, methodologies and results within his/her discipline and to apply this in research as well as in business context;
- The skill to critically follow the social role of the engineer.
An increased tuition fee of 6000 EUR is not applicable for students who come from countries belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA).
International Student Requirements:
Direct Access:- Bachelor of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering; - Bachelor in de ingenieurswetenschappen, major subject werktuigkunde; - Bachelor in de ingenieurswetenschappen, other major subjects with subprogramme werktuigkunde; - Master in de industriële wetenschappen, after admission.
Non-native English students are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS certificate.