These articles provide subject specific information on various areas of graduate study. Learn what it is like to work as a forensic psychologist, or the typical curriculum requirements for students enrolled in an architecture graduate program. Information includes: interviews with current and former students and faculty in specific fields of study, curriculum overviews, application tips, and much more. For an expanded selection on online graduate degree programs visit eLearners, our partner specializing in information about online learning.
Get advice on how to earn and make a successful career out of an artistic graduate education.
- Interview with a Fine Arts Graduate Advisor
- Interview with a Fine Arts Graduate Professor
- Interview with a Fine Arts Graduate Student
- Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) Concentrations
Art therapy is a highly creative field that combines the use of psychology and the arts including, dance, visual arts, music and poetry to help all types of individuals manage various mental and physical challenges. Art therapy brings together the healing powers of art with the application of principles in psychotherapy to help improve client’s lives. Art therapists provide their services to a plethora of different clients including people with injuries, illnesses, and disabilities.
Biological and Life Sciences is a rewarding industry of professionals making life-changing discoveries and advances in science. Read these articles to learn more about graduate programs in Biological and Life Sciences.
- Researching in Germany
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry
- Medical Science Employment Opportunities
- Interview with a Medical Science Graduate Student
If you're interested in pursuing a graduate business or MBA program, check out these helpful business articles and interesting interviews.
- MBA vs. MS - Masters in Business Administration or Master of Science?
- Preparing to Get an MBA: To Work or Not to Work?
- What Educational Background to B-Schools Look For?
- Thinking Globally: Foreign Language Study For MBAs
Computers and Technology is one of the most important fields of study in today's world. Read these articles to learn more about what earning a graduate degree in the field can do for your career.
- Information Technology Curriculum
- Increasing Graduate Participation in the STEM Fields
- Graduate Computer & Information Sciences Concentrations
- Internet Professions
Graduate programs in Counseling and Therapy prepare students for careers as psychotherapists who work directly with clients. Individuals who earn a graduate degree in the field of counseling and therapy are trained to help their clients overcome emotional, mental, and sometimes physical challenges. Counselors and therapists might work in a variety of work settings with a wide variety of clients, or they can choose a specialization within the discipline.
- Advice for Counseling and Therapy Graduate Students
- What You Will Learn in a Counseling and Therapy Graduate Program
- Working as a Mental Health Counselor | Intervention Techniques
- Mental Health Counseling Guide - Working with Clients
If you're interested in learning more about the graduate field of education, read these helpful articles and interviews from real students and teachers.
- Selecting an Education Concentration
- Interview with an Education Graduate Student
- Interview with a Professor of Graduate Education
- Interview with a Current Teacher
If you're interested in pursuing a graduate degree in engineering, check out these helpful articles and interesting interviews.
A career in forensic psychology presents many career opportunities and work environments and may be a rewarding job. Having a good understanding of the profession and the important role that forensic psychologists play in court cases as well as in civil and domestic cases helps to navigate the types of career paths one might pursue within the profession. The key thing to remember is that forensic psychologists are clinical psychologists with specialized legal training that allows them to transfer their expertise on court cases.
- Forensic Psychology: Separating Facts from Fiction
- Forensic Psychologists in the Court Room
- Forensic Psychology - Myths and Realities
A graduate degree in the healthcare or public health industry is very rewarding. Read these articles to learn more and better prepare for your graduate program.
- Consulting - Pharmaceutical and Health Care
- Food Sciences Curriculum
- Nutrition Curriculum
- Healthcare Professions
Get advice on how to earn and make a successful career out of a humanities and cultures graduate education.
If you're interesting in pursuing a graduate degree in law or criminal justice, check out these helpful criminal justice articles and interesting interviews.
- Paralegal Studies Curriculum
- Law Professions
- Criminal Justice Curriculum
- The Five Best Reasons to Apply to Law School
Earning a marketing graduate degree can help you in any business field. And these articles and interviews will help you get started.
- The Thinking Behind Buying
- Marketing vs Advertising
- Interview with a Marketing Student
- Marketing Subject Concentrations
Read these articles for advice and insight on the various graduate programs and career paths within this diverse industry from current students, faculty and professionals.
- Graduate Programs in Physician Assistant Studies
- Online Nursing Education
- Nursing Graduate Programs
- Nursing Curriculum
Organizational psychology master’s programs, or Industrial organizational psychology master’s programs, focus on psychological aspects of the workplace. Graduates of Industrial Organizational Psychology programs typically work with businesses, government, and other large organizations.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Facts - Neil deGrasse Tyson's Universe Infographic
- Physics Graduate Program Disciplines
- Science and Math Professions
- Environmental Sciences Curriculum
Physician Assistants graduate programs train students to examine, diagnose, and treat illnesses and injuries. They work under the supervision of medical doctors, and may be able to perform many of the same functions as medical doctors including; creating treatment plans, performing medical procedures, and prescribing medicine. Physician Assistants are required to obtain licensure in most states, licensure requirements vary by state but common requirements include; earning a master's degree in physician assistant studies from an accredited graduate program, completing mandatory supervised training hours, and passing a certification examination at the conclusion of their graduate study.
- A Week in the Life of a Neurosurgical PA
- 10 Things to Think About When you are Considering PA School
- Why I Became a Physician Assistant
- My Favorite Rotation of my Physician Assistant Master's Degree Program
See All 8 Articles About: Physician Assistant (PA) Graduate Programs - Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
Learn more about the graduate field of public affairs and policy from current faculty, professionals and students who offer their insights on the opportunity for collaboration within graduate programs and the various career paths that await graduates.
- Government Curriculum
- Interview with an International Politics Graduate Student
- Government Graduate Programs
- Master of Public Administration Degrees
Students interested in earning a master's degree or Ph.D. in School Counseling are likely to learn how to work with many different types of students to address a wide variety of challenges. School Counselors are both educators and advisors; they help students address emotional challenges and help them to plan for their future educational or professional endeavors.
Interested in delving into the social and behavioral sciences? Get inside the heads of current students and professionals, and read articles about where the degree can get you.
- Interview with a Psychology Graduate Student
- Interview with Psychology Graduate Professor
- Interview with a Psychology Professional
- Psychology Subject Concentrations
Social Work (MSW) graduate programs train students to provide counseling services to individuals in need. Social work professionals connect individuals to available services and resources that may help them better manage their daily lives. Social Workers are required to obtain licensure in most states, licensure requirements vary by state but common requirements include; earning a master's degree in social work from an accredited graduate program, completing mandatory supervised training hours, and passing certification examinations at the conclusion of their graduate study.
- How I Chose My MSW Program
- Working With Foster Kids as a Social Worker
- Working with Displaced Families
- Cultural Competence in Social Work
Often classified as a division of communication studies, speech-language pathology involves evaluating, diagnosing and treating communication issues and swallowing disorders in people of all ages. Speech-language pathology graduate degree programs prepare students for work with all types of people with speech issues, language barriers and swallowing problems.
- Opportunities for Speech Pathologists
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Curriculum
- An Interview with a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Programs
See All 8 Articles About: Speech Pathology (SLP) Graduate Programs - Master's Degree in Speech Pathology
Earning a master's degree or Ph. D. in sports administration might be a good choice for individuals who are interested in working behind the scenes in the sports industry. Sports administration career opportunities might be found in high schools, colleges, or even with professional sporting organizations. The study of sports administration typically focuses on the administrative, logistical, and business end of managing activities related to sport.
A precursory explanation of the practice of sports psychology is, sports psychology studies the effect of a person’s psychological state on their athletic performance. When you ask, ‘What is sports psychology,’ you are, in effect, asking about the way psychology professionals define the best theoretical models for enhancing athletic performance.
- Popular Areas of Research for Sports Psychology Graduate Students
- How to Find Potential Career Opportunities in the Field of Sports Psychology
- 7 Ways Professional Athletes Benefit from Working With Sports Psychologists
- How Sports Psychologists Are Helping Non-Athletes Find Professional Success