Review the graduate school articles in this section to learn everything you need to know about the graduate school process from applying to programs to juggling class and work.
- Application Timeline for Graduate School
- Pin Your Hopes Online: Graduate School Applications and Pinterest
- Social Media Savvy and The Graduate School Application Process
- Round One Deadlines for Grad School Are Approaching!
Graduate school requires a huge investment of time and money which means you want to be sure you are making informed decisions before you apply to graduate school. You may first want to determine if graduate school is in-fact right for you, then you may want to ensure that you are choosing a field of study that suits your personality, and your academic and professional goals. Next you can determine how you want to study (online or on campus) and where you want to study (geographic location). Once you have all of that information straightened out you can start to prepare for your standardized test (GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT). Your standardized test scores may help you determine which programs you will be eligible to apply to. The work of a graduate student never ends, and it starts when you decide that you want to earn your graduate degree.
- Does Faculty Matter When Choosing A Grad School?
- Choosing a Graduate School
- The Process of Selecting
- The Process of Selecting a School in a New Location
- Biotechnology Curriculum
- Astronomy Curriculum
- Anthropology Curriculum
- African American Studies Curriculum
Get expert graduate school advice from Dr. Don Martin, who has spent more than 28 years working in higher education administration, including serving as a director of graduate admissions at a number of prestigious institutions, and is the author of the popular Road Map for Graduate Study guidebook.
Meet our bloggers… Elyse Muro, is a 25 year old counseling psychology graduate student who believes she finally found her calling. Rachael Kroot is a bubbly broadcast meteorology graduate student who is spending her time in graduate school chasing storms and preparing to appear on a TV screen near you! Sarah is a working mother of 2 who shares her challenges as she applies to Speech Language Pathology programs. You’ll also get to know Brad, a full time law student and new father, Bree, a project management graduate student working to balance the needs of a husband and her 3 young children, Esther, a hard working future business mogul, Melissa who is preparing for a career in social work, Mary the psychology graduate student, and Eileen, the wife of a law student. Our bloggers share their decision making process, application stories, struggles and triumphs during grad school.
- The GRE Approaches | Post 5
- My Graduate School Application is Complete! | Post 4
- Facing My GRE Phobia | Post 3
- Scanning My Transcripts and Discovering the GRE | Post 2
- Careers for Writers
- Negotiate your way to a Better Job!
- Pay Off Graduate School Debt
- Finding a Job after Graduate School
- MBA vs. MS - Masters in Business Administration or Master of Science?
- Preparing to Get an MBA: To Work or Not to Work?
- What Educational Background to B-Schools Look For?
- Thinking Globally: Foreign Language Study For MBAs
- Swallow Your Pride and Get Tutored
- Reading to Extract the Right Information
- Tips for Taking Notes in Graduate School
- Study Skills in Graduate School
- Fall TV Characters: Graduate Degrees that Help Them Make Bank
- Is it Too Late for Grad School?
- Celebrity Nerds: Stars with Graduate Degrees
- Useful Graduate Degrees: Graduate Degrees That are Helpful in Many Industries