More Than a Century of Health Science Excellence
For more than 100 years, Samuel Merritt University has been educating nurses and healthcare professionals. From our home campus in California, we are creating a network of highly skilled and compassionate healthcare professionals who positively transform the experience of care in diverse communities. Samuel Merritt University has a reputation for:
- Academic and clinical excellence: Our faculty members bring impressive credentials and an exceptional commitment to students.
- Exceptional Interactive Education: Online education options bring state-of-the-art interactive learning experiences right to you, wherever you are.
- Dedication to community: We are committed to improving the health of our communities through a variety of partnerships and programs. Graduates are encouraged to be a force for better health in the communities they serve.
- Dedication to diversity in the profession: Samuel Merritt University knows diversification of the nursing workforce will lead to better patient outcomes for all. We recruit and educate talented students from traditionally underserved backgrounds to become exceptional practitioners and community health leaders.
- Students who succeed: Our graduates are some of the most highly-sought after candidates for employment. In 2013, 80 percent of employers preferred SMU graduates over others, while 89 percent of graduates were currently employed within their field of study.
If you’re ready to take on a new challenge in your nursing career as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Samuel Merritt University is ready to help. Contact us today to learn how you can earn your Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner degree with us.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities