Doctorate in Technology Management Online Programs
Technology management is an interesting field of study that combines a number of different academic areas, including computer information systems and business. Earning an online doctorate in technology management is an interesting choice for many professionals. Completion of coursework may be done anywhere with an Internet connection, and enrollment might require a certain amount of work experience with computer systems. Professionals might see benefits such as higher salaries and opportunities for advancement by earning a doctoral degree online .
What is Potential Coursework in Online Doctorate in Technology Management Programs?
The good news about earning an Online Doctorate in Technology Management is that it is a flexible option for many professionals. Those who are already well-rooted in a career and do not wish to stop working while earning a Ph.D. may be able to take courses while working full time. As long as candidates are continually demonstrating progress toward completing a degree, the amount of time it takes to finish a program may be flexible to a certain extent.
Most courses involved with technology management may be research intensive and could require that candidates conduct original research and write a dissertation before graduating (indstate.edu). Research methodology and techniques along with the proposal of a dissertation and a certain number of research hours are commonly required across these types of programs. There may also be advanced coursework in economics, finance, business, marketing, management techniques, and a variety of other subjects related to technology and business.
Popular Schools with Technology Management doctorate programs online
What are Similar Fields of Study to Online PhDs in Tech Management?
Before enrolling in an online doctorate in technology management program, it is useful to already have a foundation in subjects related to the field. In fact, many Ph.D. in Technology Management online courses require a certain level of experience and education in specific subject matters before accepting candidates into their programs. Whether planning on earning an online doctorate in technology management down the road or desiring to study something similar to this field, here are a few areas related to this type of degree program.
- Technology – This is a broad field of study that generally involves anything with any sort of electrical current. Studies involved with this subject matter tend to focus not only on design and development, but also ethical and legal uses as well as marketability. This may be a great field of study for individuals who desire to understand how things work at the most basic levels.
- Business – Understanding how to run a company and manage a group of people is vital to keeping any business in the black. A thorough study and understanding of economics, finances, laws, and leadership often make up the core of business programs.
- Management – With or without a specialization, management programs may help individuals learn how to become more effective leaders. This may be a great lead-in to a degree with a specialization in technology. This program of study is also likely to enhance a career in almost any field imaginable.
|State||Employment||Annual Mean Wage|
What are Skills and Qualities Required of Managers in the Technology Sector?
Directors, supervisors, and managers in technology sectors have a great deal of responsibility. Here are a few of the important skills and qualities that such individuals may benefit from computerschools.com:
- Leadership: First and foremost, any individual who desires to become a professional in technology management should have leadership skills. This means inspiring others to do their best and complete their assigned tasks. It also means being able to take on problems directly, resolve conflicts, and provide guidance when others waver in their confidence and knowledge.
- Problem Solving: Problems come with using technology, but when you are a manager over a computer systems department, it’s vital to come up with a solution to any problem quickly. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are necessary when you are dealing with computers, which means that such managers, professors, supervisors, and directors should be able to act and think under pressure.
- Listening: Leaders are often tasked with hearing out concerns and ideas from those they are leading. It is important to be able to listen to and understand subordinates and students. In addition to staying aware of potential problems and developments, morale in any given department is likely to rise when employees feel they are actually heard.
- Communication: There are many different elements at work in an information systems department, so clear communication is necessary so that everyone understands what their roles are. Supervisors and professors should be willing and able to talk to those they are leading so there is no confusion and everything runs as smoothly as possible.
- Reading and Writing: These skills are essential to understanding what is expected of a department. Technical reading and writing skills in particular are important for effective job performance in technological industries.
|Metro Area||Annual Mean Salary||Employment|
|San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA||$188,190||11,950|
|San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA||$178,740||13,280|
|New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA||$175,670||32,100|
An online Doctorate in Technology Management program could be a great idea for anyone who desires to retain a full-time job while advancing the potential for a raise in salary or a promotion. There are various academic fields that may provide a solid foundation for such studies, including computer, business, management, and technology degrees. Those who have a penchant for leadership and a love for technology may be great candidates for pursuing such a degree and enhancing their career opportunities.
GradSchools.com Offers1 Graduate Schools with Technology Management PhD Programs Online
Indiana State University