Athletic Training Doctoral (DAT) Programs
The Doctorate in Athletic Training, or DAT, is designed for athletic trainers who are elite working professionals striving to cultivate advanced levels of expertise and leadership in athletic training and sports medicine. Graduates develop into academic and clinical leaders who help shape the future of athletic training in clinical and academic settings. Many programs offer a combined work setting while progressing through the curriculum where students receive a powerful educational, research-based and clinical benefit.
What To Do With a DAT
Doctors of Athletic Training are expert administrators, clinicians and educators developing, analyzing and implementing concrete solutions in athletic training. They advance their expertise in orthopedic rehabilitation, sports medicine, clinical decision-making and professional leadership. These professionals play a key role in enhancing the delivery of athletic healthcare and improving health outcomes for physically active individuals and communities.
Some concentrations a graduate student might study include;
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Clinical Decision Making
- Applied Research and Leadership
- Sports Medicine
With a degree in athletic training, graduates might pursue:
- Advanced clinical decision-making in the practice of athletic training
- Research within athletic healthcare delivery systems focused on improving patient care
- Assessment of the relative effectiveness and safety of athletic healthcare delivery systems
- Conducting practice-based research in athletic healthcare to widen the body of evidence
- Using technology and information to manage knowledge, improve the quality of patient care, support clinical decision-making, and mitigate error
- Gain more comprehensive knowledge and filling knowledge gaps within other athletic training professional educational competencies
- Leadership: ideal for the busy athletic training professional who is ready to learn and lead
Find 1 DAT Programs
Search the listings below to find DAT programs or use the filters on the left to find DAT programs near you or online!
University of Pittsburgh