Virginia Doctorate in Organizational Leadership On Campus
A doctorate in organizational leadership on campus degree carries with it many benefits. By earning the degree, you put yourself in a position to pursue a career in leadership, teaching, management and a variety of other concentrations. Programs allow you an opportunity to enhance the decision making, communication and team-building skills you may already have. Other qualities and skills required for a potential career might also be learned during the course of your studies.
Pursuing a doctorate in organizational leadership on campus setting also has its benefits. While you are deciding whether to study on campus or otherwise, consider the social interaction you could have when you are in a physical classroom. Think about the facilities, resources and instructors that might be available to assist you in completing your education. Take time to consider the structure and how it could help you to complete your coursework in the most efficient way. In many situations, you have a course with a time and day associated with it, and you may be expected to be there and be prepared[i]. Students who thrive with structure might do best with Doctorate in Organizational Leadership on campus programs.
Potential Areas of Research in Doctorate in Organizational Leadership On Campus Programs
When it comes to research within a doctorate degree in organizational leadership, there are typically many that students have to choose from. Your professor may have some ideas for you, but some common topics might also interest you. They include:
- Group Dynamics – This could cover a wide array of topics within the topic. It could include dynamics of communication, working together, problem solving or coming up with creative ideas. You could choose to study individuals in live action or could look up previous studies to come up with your own conclusion.
- Abilities and Attitudes –
- Organizational leadership often deals a lot with abilities and attitudes. Someone in a leadership position might have to deal with multiple attitudes from one person in one day. Researching the “why” and “how” people within certain organizations behave and act the way they do could enhance the careers of many.
- Organizational Culture – Within different organizations, there could be different cultures. Studying why corporations are different in culture and traditions may lead to a different way of teaching how to handle them when job searching.
- Conflict Resolution – There are often many ways to resolve one conflict. Understanding these methods and helping others to understand them could create harmony both at school and in the workplace. The research of such methods could be something that is a benefit to a lot of people[ii]
Possible Coursework in Doctorate in Organizational Leadership On Campus Programs
Depending on the campus you choose to attend for your PhD in Organizational Leadership, there could be multiple coursework options that you have. They may vary from campus to campus, but there are some typical courses that you may attend at multiple institutions. They may include[iii]:
- Strategic Thinking
- Writing for Research
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Transformational Leadership
- Ethics of Decision Making
- Dissertation I and II
Keep in mind that your concentration and focus may also help to determine which courses you take. For example, if you are aiming for an EdD in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in the medical field, your courses may include nursing administration or hospital management. The area you choose to focus on may also help in deciding what you research and complete a dissertation on[iv]. Cultural influences might be something you are interested in, or perhaps global management strategies. As you research your options, it may become clearer to you which campus you should go to and which concentration you should choose.
Potential Career Opportunities and Salary for Graduates of a PhD PsyD in Organizational Leadership Degree Program
As you pursue your degree, you will essentially be on the path to your career as well. Knowing beforehand what you want to pursue could help you to determine your concentration. Some career paths for students pursuing a PhD Organizational Leadership on campus degree could include becoming:
- A Top Executive – These professionals are often required to put policies and strategies in place to help the organization meet or exceed goals. Executives are needed in various industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a projected growth of about 11% between 2012 and 2022. The median salary was $101,650 in 2012[v]
- A School Administrator – People who work in the educational field may benefit from an EdD in Organizational Leadership. Administrators are required to manage school programs, curricula, activities, staff and students. As a school administrator, you could have a job in a high school, elementary or middle school. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the median pay for this type of job in 2012 was approximately $87,760, and growth was projected at about 6% between 2012 and 2022[vi]
Pursuing Your Doctorate in Organizational Leadership On Campus
As you take time to sit down and learn about PhD in Organizational Leadership campus programs, you may realize that it is the path for you. Whether you wish to become a top executive, a school administrator or another professional, pursuing your education first might help you to really enhance your career. Get started today by discovering a campus program that is right for you.
Sources: [i] learn.org/articles/What_are_the_Advantages_of_Campus-Based_Education_vs_Online_Education.html | [ii] wku.edu/cebs/doctorate/program/organizational_leadership.php | [iii] brandman.edu/program/edd-organizational-leadership#curriculum | [iv] earn.org/article s/Organizational_Leadership_and_Management_Doctoral_Degree.html | [v] bls.gov/ooh/management/top-executives.htm | [vi] bls.gov/ooh/management/elementary-middle-and-high-school-principals.htm
- Virginia Beach, VAVirginia Beach, VA
The School of Global Leadership & Entrepreneurship (GLE) provides a unique platform for preparing today's leaders -- emphasizing innovation, excellence and the impact of biblical principles in today's world. Taught by a distinguished faculty of scholar...
- Virginia Beach, VA