Doctorates and PhDs in Economic Development in Alberta
If a career as a community service coordinator interests you, a PhD in economic development may be the right choice. These degree programs educate you on the skills to make positive changes in your community and the environment.
Salary and Job Prospects
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), economists earned a median annual salary of $113,940 in May 2022. Additionally, the top industries in which they worked included:
- Management, scientific, and technical consulting services: $130,160
- Federal government, excluding postal service: $130,100
- Scientific research and development services: $106,720
- Local government, excluding education and hospitals: $86,910
- State government, excluding education and hospitals: $80,520
|Metro Area||Annual Mean Salary||Employment|
|San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA||$139,790||110|
|Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA||$129,500||460|
|San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA||$112,590||380|
Also, the BLS projects a 6% growth in economist employment from 2022 to 2032, leading to 1,200 job openings per year.
|State||Employment||Annual Mean Wage|
|District of Columbia||7,680||$116,910|
Why wait? You future Program could be one click away on GradSchools!