10 Master’s in Machine Learning ProgramsMany of the master’s in machine learning programs listed below combine statistical analysis and data mining with elements in data science or computer science programs with key topics in programming for a complete understanding of the field.
Find Masters in Machine Learning Online ProgramsClick on any of the sponsored listings below for specific information about each program and to learn how to apply today.
About the Machine Learning Master’s at George MasonThe Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science prepares students for research and professional practice in computer science and related programs. This includes topics such as:
- Fundamentals and advanced work in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Theoretical computer science and intelligent systems
- Programming languages
- Visual computing
About the Machine Learning Master’s at PurdueRecently, Purdue has hired 15 new faculty members for the Department of Computer Science and plans on hiring even more moving forward. These faculty members are looking for graduate students to the Master’s in Computer Science to advise and mentor as they carry out their research projects in topics such as:
- Machine learning and information retrieval
- Theory of computing and algorithms
- Databases and data mining
- Computational science and engineering
About the Machine Learning Master’s at DrexelThe MS in Computer Science – Master offers a multidisciplinary and in-depth understanding of the core and advanced topics of computer science while placing an emphasis on theory and practice through courses such as:
- Approximation Algorithms
- Advanced Data Structure and Algorithms
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge-Based Agents
4. University of New HavenFounded on the Yale campus in 1920, the University of New Haven is a private, coeducational university offering transformative, career-focused programs to a diverse and vibrant community of more than 6,800 students.
About the Machine Learning Master’s at New HavenThe 30-credit Master of Science in Computer Science blends theory with hands-on practice to teach a solid foundation of skills and the ability to adapt to the constantly evolving landscape of computer science. In addition, this program strives to offer flexibility of preparing you to enter the field or to continue your education. Some of the required courses and electives include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cryptography and Data Scrutiny
- Computer Networks and Data Communication
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
Don’t Have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science? The University of New Haven MS in Computer Science program has a set of six bridge courses to help you transition from your previous degree and experience to a level of readiness to successfully pursue your master’s.
Machine Learning Master’s Programs at NCU
- Master of Science in Data Science
- Master of Science in Computer Science
About the Machine Learning Master’s at NCUThe machine learning master’s programs at NCU teach a broad knowledge base that includes topics such as:
- Data lifecycle
- Data science
- Data mining
- Big data integration
- Data visualization
Looking to Earn a PhD? In addition to the master’s programs, NCU also offers a Doctor of Philosophy in Data Science.
Machine Learning Master’s Programs at Utica
- MS in Data Science
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- MS in Data Science: Social Science Analytics
- MS in Data Science: Business Analytics
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
About the Machine Learning Master’s at UticaAll of the MSDS programs at Utica share similar core courses, which include:
- Statistical Methods
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
About the Machine Learning Master’s at RutgersAs other analytical degree programs adapt to the advent of Big Data, the MSDS at Rutgers is designed from the ground up to focus on the latest systems, tools, and algorithms to retrieve, process, and analyze large data sets. Some of the common courses include:
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Massive Data Mining and Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Algorithms
- Linear Algebra
Master’s in Machine Learning Programs at Rutgers
- MS in Data Science – Computer Science Track
- MS in Data Science – Statistics Track
- PhD in Statistics
8. Loyola University MarylandLoyola University Maryland is a Jesuit, Catholic University committed to the educational and spiritual traditions of the Society of Jesus and the development of the whole person and inspires students to learn, lead, and serve in the diverse and changing world.
About the Machine Learning Master’s at LoyolaAs organizations continue needing to derive value from available data, the Master of Science (MS) in Data Science teaches programming skills in Python needed to transform messy web data into clean, useable data. In addition, the program blends computer science and statistics courses with business courses so that students who have earned the degree should be able to adapt their statistical ad computational skills to any domain.
Machine Learning Master’s Programs at St. John’s
- Data Mining and Predictive Analysis, MS
- Applied and Computational Mathematics, MA
- Master of Science in Computer Science
About the Machine Learning Master’s at St. John’sAs computer science and predictive analysis continually adapt to meet the needs of businesses, governments, healthcare, and academia, the various master’s in machine learning programs from St. John’s strive to teach topics such as:
- Theoretical mathematics
- Procedures and algorithms that underlie computation
- Statistical and data mining techniques
- Identify patterns and trends
- Build models to predict future events
About the Machine Learning Master’s at Penn StateThe Master of Science in Computer Science emphasizes practical concerns and theoretical background, providing students with the skills and knowledge to perform a variety of tasks, including the development of:
- Scientific and engineering applications
- Safety and / or security critical systems
- Systems software
- Solutions to computationally hard problems
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Database Management Systems
- Programming Language Concepts
What Is Machine Learning?Machine learning is the science of getting computers to learn and act like humans do. This includes providing data and code so that a machine can learn to make a determination or prediction without explicitly being programmed to do so. In other words, machine learning is based on algorithms that can learn from data or how to perform important tasks without relying on rules-based programming.
Difference Between AI and Machine LearningThe difference between artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning is that AI is the ability of a machine to carry out tasks in a similar way as a human. On the other hand, machine learning is the application of AI that allows machines to learn for themselves. For instance, an algorithm can tell an AI how to respond in certain situations, whereas during machine learning computers are given access to data to learn different responses and make predictions without the aid of humans.
List of Machine Learning Masters Programs
|1. George Mason University||MS in Computer Science|
|2. Purdue University||Master’s in Computer Science|
|3. Drexel University||MS in Computer Science|
|4. University of New Haven||Master of Science in Computer Science|
|5. Northcentral University||MS in Data Science, MS in Computer Science|
|6. Utica College||MS in Data Science, MS in Data Science Cybersecurity, MS in Data Science Business Analytics|
|7. Rutgers University||MS in Data Science – Computer Science and Statistics Tracks|
|8. Loyola University Maryland||MS in Data Science|
|9. St. John’s University||Data Mining and Predictive Analysis, Applied and Computational Mathematics, MS Computer Science|
|10. Pennsylvania State University||Masters of Science in Computer Science|
4 Key Concepts of Machine Learning Master’s ProgramsIt seems that machine learning continues to change every day. That’s because companies such as Google and Tesla have put so many resources into developing technologies that rely on machine learning. Some of the key concepts of machine learning, which you’ll likely study while earning a master’s degree include those listed below.
1. Machine Learning Can PredictOne of the key aspects of machine learning that separates it from other technologies is that it can take data and predict how to solve problem by itself. In essence, machine learning is an advanced form of statistics that learns to identify patterns and data to make predictions from those patterns.
2. Machine Learning Requires TrainingMachines can’t learn by themselves. They still require training through the form of algorithms and repetition, similar to the way humans learn, to achieve successful predictions. For instance, computers can now “see” images and categorize them. They can also “read” text and understand context, whether the sentiment is positive or negative. Now, computers can also listen to us, understand us, and respond. However, this doesn’t happen overnight and includes a learning process.
3. Not 100% AccurateMachine learning isn’t perfect. In fact, many companies are happy with about a 90% success rate. However, the whole concept of learning means that they will continue to improve. For instance, recently many companies were happy with only an 80% success rate. As we continue to develop and improve the learning processes, machines will continue to approach 100% accuracy. Whether they ever achieve 100% accuracy is yet to be determined.
4. Machine Learning May Change the FutureThe possibilities seem endless as to how machine learning can impact the future. Some of these include:
- Personalized healthcare based on your genetic makeup and lifestyle
- Data analysis and data security programs
- Computer assisted security in airports and stadiums
- Self-driving cars
- Advanced fraud detection in financial and insurance fields
- Universal translator on your phone or other device
Discover Machine Learning and AI Master’s Programs Today!Find the perfect master’s in machine learning program for you by clicking on any of the sponsored listings on this page to by completing the form on this page.
- Take advantage of some of the nation’s most affordable tuition rates, while earning a degree from a private, nonprofit, NEASC accredited university
- Qualified students with 2.5 GPA and up may receive up to $20K in grants & scholarships
- Multiple term start dates throughout the year. 24/7 online classroom access.
Popular Online Programs
Business Administration, Psychology, Information Technology, Human Services…