Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Programs & Schools
Many accredited colleges and universities offer graduate certificate in business administration campus-based programs for the recent or returning graduate, the international student or the midcareer professional. Business school certificate programs may appeal to executives and non-business students alike. Whether you are looking for a post-bachelor’s or post-master’s business certificate program, there are a variety of options depending on your goals and ambitions.
About Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Programs
Graduate certificate in business administration campus programs may provide instruction in management theory, accounting, marketing and financial analysis. Studying in a social learning environment might also increase your opportunity to develop communication and strategic team-building skills through interaction and participation. For some students this may make the essential course components of a Master of Business Administration degree program accessible.
Graduate Certificate in Business Administration: Basics
Graduate Certificate in Business Administration campus programs may be available as business preparation, Pre-MBA and Executive Business Administration programs for experienced professionals. Some programs are specifically designed for working professional with undergraduate degrees in fields other than business, while others may be suitable for graduates with Bachelor’s in Business Administration seeking a platform for continued education.
What are the Prerequisites for a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration?
Since the course content is structured differently depending on whether you are coming from a field other than business or you are interested in advanced credentials and recognition, requisite education for graduate certificate business administration may vary. While
post-baccalaureate certificates are geared for students with a Bachelor’s degree, in some instances students may need to have completed specific undergraduate coursework (accounting, statistics, economics).
STATISTICS SHOW: 63% of Investment Fund Managers hold a Master’s degree and 2% a Post-master’s certificate[i]
Is a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration as Long as a Degree?
Earning a graduate certificate in business administration may take less time than earning a degree although program duration is a variable. Some business administration graduate certificates take one year, others 16 or 18 months, others 3 years. This fact is partly based on the business school, and partly on you – how many courses you enroll in and complete per session, and whether you attend on a part-time or full-time basis.
5 Reasons to Consider a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Program
A graduate Certificate in Business Administration campus program might appeal to you for any number of reasons. Perhaps you live near a university and feel ready for a new challenge, or just have your eye on a potential career advancement. Here are five reasons you might consider a business certificate:
- You eventually hope to enter an MBA Program (Business Prep, Pre-MBA)
- As an addition to your MBA or a Masters in Business Program
- For extra credentials (i.e. resume)
- To build advanced business knowledge or business management expertise (Executive MBA or post-master’s certificate)
- You do not intend to pursue an MBA, but do want a basic set of business management related skills
DID YOU KNOW? 19% of Chief Sustainability Officers hold a Post-baccalaureate certificate[ii]
Potential Graduate Certificate in Business Curriculum
Students enrolled in a graduate certificate in business administration campus program may be able to tailor a program to suit their personal career goals or ambitions. Other programs may have a more ‘set’ curriculum that students follow to learn a specific skill-set. Certainly, this is a good reason to request information from prospective business schools.
6 Potential Business Administration Graduate Certificate courses
- Business development
- Human resources management
- Business finance
- Principles of entrepreneurship
- Business information systems
- Ethics and legal issues in business
Know, too, that curriculums vary depending on what you study:
- For instance, perhaps you are most interested in business operations, and topics such as finance, production and marketing are most relevant to you.
- Or maybe a certificate in business management is more applicable so you might take more courses in management subjects such as leadership, communication and resource optimization.
- Many programs also focus on technology – maybe you are an IT manager and need to keep current with new developments. These certificates might include courses in technology and business integration, information security, or financial software
Potential Features of Campus-Based Business Certificate Programs
The variety of business school certificate programs means that each may have unique features that include their faculty and location. Here are a few reasons you may want to search for a traditional program instead of taking business administration course online:
- Although Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus programs vary depending on the school itself, a common feature is the in-person component. This may be a plus, especially if you are learning about leadership, how to motivate your staff, or how to use specific computer technology. Sometimes the on-site component fosters interpersonal skills, whereas an online program may not.
- On-site learning also has the feature of offering face-to-face interactions with classmates and professors, getting questions answered in real-time, and possibility to network or collaborate. True, you are busy, but a stimulating conversation or brainstorming session may be hard to pass up!
- It may be valuable to learn from your professors and from the varied perspectives of other professionals in your class – especially if you are interested in human relations, international business or business ethics.
- One of the things that many business schools are also doing to encourage working students to take class on campus is to schedule classes at convenient hours – weekends and evenings are common timetables. You may also find a program with an intensive.
If this has you keen on initiating a search, GradSchools.com makes it easy for you to find business colleges with graduate business certificate programs. Search by location – use the city, state or country tabs to determine where our sponsored programs are offered.
Search for an Accredited Business School & Business Certificate
Search for accredited business schools whose programs meet educational standards. Institution-accreditation is awarded by a regional agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) to a business college or university. Program accreditation is awarded to business certificate programs whose faculty and curriculum meets quality standards. You might look for accreditation by:
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)[iii].
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)[iv]
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)[v].
- Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC)[vi]
Take the Next Step
If you are hoping to develop more confidence and credibility with new credentials in management and related business fields, one way to go about it is with a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Based program. Ground yourself in fundamental theories and principles of accounting, finance, marketing, economics, statistics, human resources functions, and decision-making. Take your education to a new level while you expand your networks and meet new people. Browse our sponsored program listings, using the on-page ‘request info’ setting to reach out to your choice universities.
sources:[i] onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9199.03 |[ii] aacsb.edu/accreditation/accredited-members
- Eugene, OREugene, OR
University of Oregon
The Oregon MBA at the University of Oregon, the state’s flagship liberal arts institution, combines a solid foundation of core business courses with numerous electives and myriad experiential learning opportunities. These are focused on four si...
- Eugene, OR
- Livonia, MILivonia, MI
The mission of the Master of Business Administration program is to instruct students in the function areas of business. Considered a flagship generalist degree in business, the program is meant for students who desire a broad understanding of busines...
- Columbus, OHColumbus, OH
Ohio Dominican University
Ohio Dominican university's MBA program offers a wide-range of program options that provide students with the comprehensive business education they need to advance in their careers in today's dynamic and competitive global marketplace. MBA students w...
- Los Angeles, CALos Angeles, CA
Association Of Professionals In Business Management
The Certificate in Business Management, presented by the Association of Professionals in Business Management (APBM), is the only generalists' certific...
- Rome, ItalyRome, Italy
Rome Business School
Rome Business School’s MBA represents the ideal choice for managers and professionals who wish to acquire advanced and modern competencies in order to excel as responsible leaders in the global business environment. The course features include: 1 Tra...
- Oswego, NYOswego, NY
- Montclair, NJMontclair, NJ
Montclair State University
The goal of the MBA Program is to combine conceptual approaches to business with practical application in order to give students needed skills to prepare them for today's global economy. Montclair State graduates are well-rounded, self-motivated and emp...
- Montclair, NJ
- Staten Island, NYStaten Island, NY
St. John's University
- Grand Rapids, MIGrand Rapids, MI
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
Examine history and explore theory with expert instruction in materials and media, all guided by our own practicing artists.
- Muncie, INMuncie, IN
Ball State University
Ball State University’s nationally ranked Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree takes flexibility and customization to a whole new level. A Ball State MBA lets students align their courses with their personal objectives via their choice of fiv...
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
- Syracuse, NYSyracuse, NY
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Sustainable Enterprise (CASSE) is offered collaboratively by the Whitman School of...
- New Rochelle, NYNew Rochelle, NY
The Hagan School of Business at Iona College is one of the nation's most outstanding business schools, as recognized by our accreditation by AACSB International. Located just 20 minutes from Manhattan, our experienced teachers and practitioners utilize...
- Leeds, United KingdomLeeds, United Kingdom
Leeds Metropolitan University
- Rochester, NYRochester, NY
Roberts Wesleyan College
The MSLprogram is designed for working professionals. Classes meet one night per week for 4 hours for 17 months. Concentrations are available in Organizational Management, Nonprofit Management, and Entrepreneurship.
- Flagstaff, AZFlagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University
The Business Foundations Certificate is designed for students/professionals who wish to increase their knowledge of business.
- Arlington, VAArlington, VA
The School of Business Administration nurtures intellectual inquiry and participatory learning for the professional and personal success of our students and alumni. The School comprises a faculty focused on excellence in teaching, ethical conduct, and...
- Arlington, VA
- Greater Sudbury, ONGreater Sudbury, ON
- University Center, MIUniversity Center, MI
Saginaw Valley State University
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program prepares students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in profit and nonprofit organizations operating in a complex global economy. We use a combination of hybrid and on-line courses to faci...
- University Center, MI
- Kingston, NSKingston, NS
Queen's University, Ontario, Canada
This three-week program will develop your general management skills with new insights into strategy, operations, and leadership.
- Carlton, AustraliaCarlton, Australia
Mt Eliza Business School
Our MBA program is designed with three key objectives: to provide you with the intellectual foundation to be highly effective as a manager, develop your leadership potential and assist you in achieving your career aspirations.
- Carlton, Australia
- Tacoma, WATacoma, WA
Pacific Lutheran University
PLU offers two options for completing an MBA - an MBA or an MBA with a concentration in Technology and Innovation Management (TIM). Both options feature an integrated evening curriculum and offer year-round admission and enrollment. The MBA-TIM program...
- Herzliyya, IsraelHerzliyya, Israel
Arison School of Business
A 12-month English language graduate program offering an MBA in Business Administration, a specialization in Nonprofit Management and a certificate in Jewish Community Leadership.