United States Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Programs & Schools
Many accredited colleges and universities offer graduate certificate in business administration campus-based programs for the recent or returning graduate, the international student or the midcareer professional. Business school certificate programs may appeal to executives and non-business students alike. Whether you are looking for a post-bachelor’s or post-master’s business certificate program, there are a variety of options depending on your goals and ambitions.
About Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Programs
Graduate certificate in business administration campus programs may provide instruction in management theory, accounting, marketing and financial analysis. Studying in a social learning environment might also increase your opportunity to develop communication and strategic team-building skills through interaction and participation. For some students this may make the essential course components of a Master of Business Administration degree program accessible.
Graduate Certificate in Business Administration: Basics
Graduate Certificate in Business Administration campus programs may be available as business preparation, Pre-MBA and Executive Business Administration programs for experienced professionals. Some programs are specifically designed for working professional with undergraduate degrees in fields other than business, while others may be suitable for graduates with Bachelor’s in Business Administration seeking a platform for continued education.
What are the Prerequisites for a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration?
Since the course content is structured differently depending on whether you are coming from a field other than business or you are interested in advanced credentials and recognition, requisite education for graduate certificate business administration may vary. While post-baccalaureate
certificates are geared for students with a Bachelor’s degree, in some instances students may need to have completed specific undergraduate coursework (accounting, statistics, economics).
STATISTICS SHOW: 63% of Investment Fund Managers hold a Master’s degree and 2% a Post-master’s certificate[i]
Is a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration as Long as a Degree?
Earning a graduate certificate in business administration may take less time than earning a degree although program duration is a variable. Some business administration graduate certificates take one year, others 16 or 18 months, others 3 years. This fact is partly based on the business school, and partly on you – how many courses you enroll in and complete per session, and whether you attend on a part-time or full-time basis.
5 Reasons to Consider a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Program
A graduate Certificate in Business Administration campus program might appeal to you for any number of reasons. Perhaps you live near a university and feel ready for a new challenge, or just have your eye on a potential career advancement. Here are five reasons you might consider a business certificate:
- You eventually hope to enter an MBA Program (Business Prep, Pre-MBA)
- As an addition to your MBA or a Masters in Business Program
- For extra credentials (i.e. resume)
- To build advanced business knowledge or business management expertise (Executive MBA or post-master’s certificate)
- You do not intend to pursue an MBA, but do want a basic set of business management related skills
DID YOU KNOW? 19% of Chief Sustainability Officers hold a Post-baccalaureate certificate[ii]
Potential Graduate Certificate in Business Curriculum
Students enrolled in a graduate certificate in business administration campus program may be able to tailor a program to suit their personal career goals or ambitions. Other programs may have a more ‘set’ curriculum that students follow to learn a specific skill-set. Certainly, this is a good reason to request information from prospective business schools.
6 Potential Business Administration Graduate Certificate courses
- Business development
- Human resources management
- Business finance
- Principles of entrepreneurship
- Business information systems
- Ethics and legal issues in business
Know, too, that curriculums vary depending on what you study:
- For instance, perhaps you are most interested in business operations, and topics such as finance, production and marketing are most relevant to you.
- Or maybe a certificate in business management is more applicable so you might take more courses in management subjects such as leadership, communication and resource optimization.
- Many programs also focus on technology – maybe you are an IT manager and need to keep current with new developments. These certificates might include courses in technology and business integration, information security, or financial software
Potential Features of Campus-Based Business Certificate Programs
The variety of business school certificate programs means that each may have unique features that include their faculty and location. Here are a few reasons you may want to search for a traditional program instead of taking business administration course online:
- Although Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus programs vary depending on the school itself, a common feature is the in-person component. This may be a plus, especially if you are learning about leadership, how to motivate your staff, or how to use specific computer technology. Sometimes the on-site component fosters interpersonal skills, whereas an online program may not.
- On-site learning also has the feature of offering face-to-face interactions with classmates and professors, getting questions answered in real-time, and possibility to network or collaborate. True, you are busy, but a stimulating conversation or brainstorming session may be hard to pass up!
- It may be valuable to learn from your professors and from the varied perspectives of other professionals in your class – especially if you are interested in human relations, international business or business ethics.
- One of the things that many business schools are also doing to encourage working students to take class on campus is to schedule classes at convenient hours – weekends and evenings are common timetables. You may also find a program with an intensive.
If this has you keen on initiating a search, GradSchools.com makes it easy for you to find business colleges with graduate business certificate programs. Search by location – use the city, state or country tabs to determine where our sponsored programs are offered.
Search for an Accredited Business School & Business Certificate
Search for accredited business schools whose programs meet educational standards. Institution-accreditation is awarded by a regional agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) to a business college or university. Program accreditation is awarded to business certificate programs whose faculty and curriculum meets quality standards. You might look for accreditation by:
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)[iii].
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)[iv]
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)[v].
- Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC)[vi]
Take the Next Step
If you are hoping to develop more confidence and credibility with new credentials in management and related business fields, one way to go about it is with a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Campus Based program. Ground yourself in fundamental theories and principles of accounting, finance, marketing, economics, statistics, human resources functions, and decision-making. Take your education to a new level while you expand your networks and meet new people. Browse our sponsored program listings, using the on-page ‘request info’ setting to reach out to your choice universities.
sources:[i] onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9199.03 |[ii] aacsb.edu/accreditation/accredited-members
- Chicago, ILChicago, IL
Loyola University Chicago
The Graduate Certificate in Business Ethics has been developed as a flexible course of study, focusing on ethical issues in business and the challenges of managing corporate ethics programs.
- Kent, OHKent, OH
Kent State University
- Johnson City, TNJohnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University
This is offered to individuals that hold undergraduate degrees in non business fields and desire some formal education in business.
- Greensboro, NCGreensboro, NC
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
The mission of the Bryan School of Business and Economics is to integrate high quality teaching, research, and public service to prepare business prof...
- Spokane, WASpokane, WA
The Graduate School of Business at Gonzaga University offers several high-quality, AACSB accredited, graduate level programs: Master of Business Administration (MBA) with five concentrations: Accounting, Finance, Healthcare Management and Marketing, Eth...
- Tacoma, WATacoma, WA
Pacific Lutheran University
PLU offers two options for completing an MBA - an MBA or an MBA with a concentration in Technology and Innovation Management (TIM). Both options feature an integrated evening curriculum and offer year-round admission and enrollment. The MBA-TIM program...
- West Lafayette, INWest Lafayette, IN
Our programs allow you and your company to gain new opportunities by providing you with: •New skills and ideas, •New relationships, •New perspectives, •New solutions. Since executive education needs vary, Krannert offers a diverse selection of M...
- West Lafayette, IN
- Livonia, MILivonia, MI
The mission of the Master of Business Administration program is to instruct students in the function areas of business. Considered a flagship generalist degree in business, the program is meant for students who desire a broad understanding of busines...
- Aurora, INAurora, IN
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program at Aurora University is designed for the working professional. The Dunham School of Business utilizes an eight-week class format that allows a student (meeting all the prerequisite requirements) tak...
- Chester, PAChester, PA
The Widener M.B.A., accredited by the AACSB, provides aspiring and practicing managers and businesspeople with the skills and perspective needed to assume leadership roles in business and industry. Widener's MBA program is built on the concept of proces...
- Erie, PAErie, PA
We offer the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree, a specialized Five Year BachelorÆs Degree with an MBA Degree Program, and a number of Graduate Certificates (Accounting, Environmental Sciences, Financial Management, Human Resource Management...
- Lafayette, LALafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Master of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care.
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
Saint Joseph's University
With one of the largest MBA enrollments in the Philadelphia area, Saint Joseph's MBA Program provides a practical, real-world based curriculum. As a part-time program, our students pursue their graduate studies while retaining challenging full-time posi...
- Yellow Springs, OHYellow Springs, OH
Antioch University Midwest's Graduate programs in Management and Leading Change program is designed to offer a distinctive graduate education that prepares students at any stage in their professional development to be principled leaders in their respect...
- Boston, MABoston, MA
- Plymouth, ILPlymouth, IL
Plymouth State University
Plymouth State University's Master of Business Administration program has been opening doors to students like you for more than 35 years. This ten-course program that can be completed entirely online, or through a combination of face-to-face and online...
- Concord, NH
- Potsdam, NYPotsdam, NY
The MBA degree provides students with the skills to be effective business leaders. At Clarkson, the program offers small class sizes and close faculty-student interaction. Integrated core courses ensure that students share common experiences, while e...
- West Haven, CTWest Haven, CT
University of New Haven
This certificate is designed to develop students' conceptual knowledge and skills in formulating corporate strategy and in determining structural and...
- Morgantown, WVMorgantown, WV
West Virginia University
- Herndon, VAHerndon, VA
George Mason University
George Mason Learning Solutions is the single point of contact for organizations and individuals seeking to leverage the comprehensive for-credit and non-credit curricula of Virginia’s largest research university.
- Fairfax, VA
- Arlington, VA
- Northridge, CANorthridge, CA
California State University, Northridge
CSUN’s Graduate Certificate in Business Administration focuses on developing essential business-management skills, critical either as a pathway to an MBA program or as a conduit to enhanced results in any business environment. ...
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
New York University
The current financial climate has created an urgent demand for trained professionals who understand the intricacies of the phil...
- New York City, NY
- New Rochelle, NYNew Rochelle, NY
The Hagan School of Business at Iona College is one of the nation's most outstanding business schools, as recognized by our accreditation by AACSB International. Located just 20 minutes from Manhattan, our experienced teachers and practitioners utilize...
- Syracuse, NYSyracuse, NY
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Sustainable Enterprise (CASSE) is offered collaboratively by the Whitman School of...