Master of English Philology
Programme Objectives and Competencies Acquired
The aim of the programme is:
• to educate highly qualified specialists who possess comparative knowledge and assessment skills of two cultures and languages — English and Lithuanian — and are able to independently apply their acquired knowledge in work in academic and cultural institutions, business companies, and various international institutions and projects, especially those institutions and organizations that cooperate with European Union states;
• develop the skills needed to work with specialized texts (business, legal, academic, etc.), to choose appropriate translation strategies for dealing with such texts;
• to train students for doctoral studies by expanding the range of academic and research topics so that these would include comparative linguistics, translation theory and cross-cultural analysis.
The students will be able to:
• use automated translation programmes and corpus lexicography;
• apply the current theories related to issues in literary translation;
• use their knowledge and understanding of intercultural research; develop the skills needed to analyze data for intercultural communication, especially as this is relevant in the context of European or transnational projects implemented for a specific company or institution;
• work as partners in common projects with various educational and other institutions, especially those which cooperate with the other European Union states.
• Application form;
• Bachelor / Master degree diploma and its supplement (transcript of records / mark sheet) in the original language and translated into English, and:
1) Approved by “Appostille” - for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention;
2) Legalized by the Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education in Lithuania - for other countries citizens;
• Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, ELTC, etc.);
• Letter of motivation (300 – 500 words);
• Curriculum vitae;
• Copy of your passport or other document of identification;
• Copy of document showing paid application fee 50 EUR (where the name of the applicant and the date of payment are indicated);
• 1 recent passport size photos (3 x 4 cm);
• Accommodation form.
May 31st – applicants who need visa to entry Lithuania.
June 30th – applicants from non-visa countries.
International Student Requirements:
The prospective students are expected to have a Bachelor degree in English Philology or one
correspondent with it or have at least 45 ECTS credits of the English Philology study programme.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition In-State Full Time:
Tuition Out of State Full Time:
Financial Aid Offered: No