P.S.M. in Biotechnology
The University of San Francisco offers a Professional Science Master's Degree in Biotechnology which offers students both valuable laboratory skills, and business skills necessary to gain the fast-track to a career in biotechnology.
The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the centers of biotechnology in America and the world. The University of San Francisco provides an exciting program that combines the rigor of molecular biology with business fundamentals — the essential background and depth of the biotech industry's interface between research and development, business management and ethical manufacturing.
The Biotechnology program at USF:
* Merges fundamental elements of science, technology and business to prepare graduates for a range of jobs in the biotechnology industry.
* Offers core graduate courses taught by USF research faculty, alongside elective courses taught by prominent practitioners in their fields.
* Includes an internship requirement that gives students the ability to gain valuable hands-on experience and opportunities to build personal and professional networks which positions them well for obtaining permanent employment upon graduation.
* Leverages the strategic location of the San Francisco Bay Area - the epicenter of biotechnology in the United States.
* Boasts an exceptionally low instructor to student ratio, with mentorship, leadership development and career support.
* Benefits from an Advisory Board composed of Bay Area biotech leaders from such pinnacle organizations as Genentech, UCSF, and Bio-Rad.
* Educated industry experts with the USF commitment to adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and the goal of utilizing technology for a more humane and just world.
USF is a founding member of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and has been accredited by WASC since the 1940s. USF is also accredited by: The American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) for both our undergraduate and graduate Business programs, The American Bar Association, The American Chemical Society, The Association of American Law Schools, The California Board of Registered Nursing, The Computer Sciences Accrediting Board, The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), The State Bar of California, The State Commission on Teacher Credentialing, and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Doctoral/Research Universities - Intensive
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999