This course provides a grounding and training in research methods and skills, it aims:
* To provide a broad and practical education in psychological research training which is informed by staff research experience.
* To attract high-quality students who wish to study research methods in psychology and their practical applications.
* To equip students with a range of transferable academic and employment related skills.
* To provide a distinctive specialist postgraduate programme which incorporates professional training and advanced study in psychological research.
* To equip students with the critical skills to enable them to plan, execute, analyse and disseminate high-quality psychological research.
Successful graduates will be able to:
* Demonstrate a systematic understanding of different psychological research methodologies and a critical awareness of key relevant issues within psychological research activity.
* Demonstrate awareness of professional and ethical issues relating to planning, conducting and disseminating research.
* Show originality in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how established research techniques are used to create and interpret knowledge in the discipline.
* Communicate effectively using oral and written means.
* Work productively with others and also work independently.
* Use computers for word processing, data management and statistical analysis.
* Use the internet for learning, research and communication.
* Demonstrate competency in research design, planning, data collection, analysis, interpretation and report writing.
* Identify appropriate research questions, translate them into scientific hypotheses and design, plan, implement and disseminate a research study of scientific merit.
International Student Requirements:
Please contact The International Office at Northumbria University for further advice.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No