DrAP - Doctor of Anesthesia Practice
You love being a CRNA and have a passion for others. You enjoy the autonomy and impact that being a CRNA offers but you’re ready for the next step. The University of Michigan-Flint Doctor of Anesthesia Practice (DrAP) program is ready for you.
Note: This program has received all institutional, state, and Council of Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs approvals. However, the program awaits approval from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Students may not begin this program until such approval is granted.
What Set’s UM-Flint’s Doctor of Anesthesia Practice Apart?
* The University of Michigan Flint Doctor of Anesthesia Practice (DrAP) is a 32 credit, 24-36 month, part-time program offered by the School of Health Professions and Studies.
* It is designed to prepare CRNA’s like you for leadership roles among a broad range of positions within healthcare.
* This part-time program is taught in an online format, offering convenience to CRNA’s who are often employed full-time in various clinical settings.
* Individualized elective options - you’ll choose 9 credit hours to pursue personalized elective areas such as business administration, education, healthcare systems, and advanced pathophysiology/pathology or others as may be appropriate
The program is designed for CRNA’s who wish to:
* Broaden their areas of preparation in the utilization and application of research to enhance the development of specific areas of evidence-based practice.
* Prepare for and assume faculty positions within Nurse Anesthesia programs and other health-related programs.
* Enter higher level management positions within healthcare systems or develop/manage independent businesses such as locum tenems agencies or surgery consulting/management businesses.
* Deepen their knowledge regarding the pathophysiology or pharmacology of the patients they administer anesthesia to.
* Engage in a formalized program of “life-long learning” in a specialized area of study other than those previously mentioned above.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (pending)
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Public
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999