M.F.A.-Creative Writing & Publishing Arts
Fresh ideas about writing. New approaches to publishing. That's what makes UB's Creative Writing & Publishing Arts one of nine distinctive M.F.A. programs selected by Poets & Writers Magazine.
UB’s M.F.A. in Creative Writing & Publishing Arts program integrates skills that prepare you to succeed as a working writer, including a focus on the practical aspects of publishing.
You'll benefit from:
• a diverse community of talented students and distinguished faculty in fiction, poetry and nonfiction
• a focus on creativity, book arts and electronic publishing
• the guidance of experienced mentors as you send work out
• the chance to design and produce your thesis project as a finished book
• night and weekend classes for working students.
The Master of Fine Arts is a terminal degree, qualifying you to teach at the university level. A network of UB alumni teaches throughout Maryland and across the country.
fall semester admission only: Feb. 1
The University of Baltimore is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
-A bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university.
-Completed online application.
-Official transcripts from all prior colleges or universities.
-Two letters of Recommendation.
-Statement of interest.
-A portfolio of no more than 10 poems or 15-20 pages of prose (fiction or literary nonfiction).
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Public
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999