M.S. in Natural Science
Accepting applicants for summer and fall.
The Professional Science Master's provides training in leadership/business skills as well as in-depth science coursework so that graduates may pursue environmental agency or private industry careers. The degree includes 9 credit hours in leadership skills and 15 credits in science coursework, as well as a 6 credit applied internship with a program partner. Internship partners include the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Adirondack Park Agency, and regional private industry.
SUNY Plattsburgh is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
1. Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
2. Satisfactory performance on the general portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
3. Demonstration of literacy skills and potential for success through a written statement of purpose.
4. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
6. Four-page application.
7. $75 application fee.
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
1. Students whose native language is not English must submit official documentation of their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. Required score: 560 or above (paper-based) or 83 or above (internet-based).
2. International students must provide official documents to prove that they have enough money to pay for their education, estimated at $30,000 per year.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition In-State Full Time:
Tuition Out of State Full Time:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Public
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999