M.S. in Leadership
Format: Campus, Online
Accepting applicants for summer and fall 2013.
SUNY Plattsburgh's Master of Science in Leadership is designed for the next generation of leaders. Emphasizing skills needed by all organizations, this unique program provides opportunities for coursework both on the Plattsburgh campus and our Branch Campus at Adirondack Community College in Queensbury. The program appeals to aspiring leaders in business, non-profits, education, government, health care, and other areas which require an understanding of the methodology, techniques, and real world applications our program provides. This graduate program meets the current and future career needs of aspiring leaders and the skill needs of a variety of organizations. Our graduate program enables students to investigate new ideas, expand their knowledge and professional skills, and to experience the life-long challenge of learning. The 36 credit hour Leadership Program may be completed on a full or part-time basis. The program may be completed in as little as 12-15 months or within a period of 7 years. In order to meet your needs, classes are offered in the evenings, on the weekends, in the summer, and online (web).
SUNY Plattsburgh is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
Admissions decisions are based on past academic records, work experience, and demonstrated personal and professional success, integrity and motivation. The MS in Leadership accepts students on a rolling admissions basis for either the Spring or Fall semesters.
General admission requirements are:
1. Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale in a liberal arts major aligned with subject areas in New York State Standards for Learning
2. Demonstration of literacy skills and potential for success through a written statement of purpose.
3. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
5. Four-page application form.
6. $75 application fee.
8. Availability of program openings.
# of Credits Required:
36 credit hours
International Student Requirements:
1. Students whose native language is not English must submit official documentation of their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. Required score: 550 or above (paper-based) or 79-80 or above (internet-based).
2. International students must provide official documents to prove that they have enough money to pay for their education, estimated at $26,000 per year.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition In-State Full Time:
Tuition Out of State Full Time:
Financial Aid Offered: Yes
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Public
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999