Professional Science Master's in Environmental Management and Sustainability
The Professional Science Master’s in Environmental Management and Sustainability at St. Edward’s University is a two-year, full-time program in which you’ll learn the fundamentals of ecological theory and project management. Coursework is designed to provide an international perspective on sustainable development.
Graduates can pursue a variety of positions such as environmental studies manager, eco-adviser for environmental and urban planning, or sustainable development manager. Graduates can also serve as consultants for private firms, such as construction and architectural companies.
You’ll study full time at St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas, (Year One) and Université Catholique de l’Ouest in Angers, France, (Year Two). All classes are in English.
St. Edward’s University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
To apply, you should have:
• If educated outside Europe, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your last 60 hours of undergraduate study.
• If educated in France or another European country, L level AB mention.
• Competitive scores on the GRE or GMAT.
• Two letters of recommendation.
• An essay that tells about your experience and career goals and why you believe you’ll succeed in the program.
• A résumé or CV.
• If English is not your native language, you will need a minimum score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (or its equivalent in other formats) or a score of 6.0 on the IELTS.
• If French is not your native language, prior to beginning the second year in France, you will need a DELF score of B2 or higher, or you must complete a summer of intensive French at Université Catholique de l’Ouest.
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
If English is not your native language, you will additionally need to achieve a minimum score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (or its equivalent in other formats) or a score of 6.0 on the IELTS. You may also need other documents in order to gain admission and should work closely with your admission coordinator on those requirements.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities II
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999