Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS)
In the Master of Science in Computer Information Systems program at St. Edward’s University, you’ll develop business management skills and advanced technical processes that equip you to evaluate, manage and shape IT infrastructure and teams.
Coursework and hands-on projects will prepare you for a wide range of management careers in the IT arena, including positions as a computer network administrator or director of data security for a bank.
Classes meet Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. Students take three classes a term and complete the MSCIS in 16 months.
St. Edward's University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
To apply, you should have:
• A U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 2.75 in your last 60 hours of undergraduate study and an overall accounting GPA of 2.75.
• Competitive scores on the GRE or GMAT. If you’ve completed a minimum of 12 hours of graduate-level coursework with no grade below a “B,” this requirement may be waived.
• Professional work experience is highly desirable.
Or, if you have at least three years of full-time work experience and a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution, you may be admitted conditionally if you meet:
• Minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study.
• Competitive scores on the GRE or GMAT.
If admitted conditionally, your academic record will undergo additional review once you complete 12 hours of graduate study at St. Edward’s. If you have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher, you may continue with the program.
International Student Requirements:
If English is not your native language, you will additionally need to achieve a minimum score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (or its equivalent in other formats) or a score of 6.0 on the IELTS. You may also need other documents in order to gain admission and should work closely with your admission coordinator on those requirements.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities II
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999