Master in Fashion, Experience & Design Management
A 12-month full-time and full-immersion international Program aimed at the culture of result oriented creativity, which implies coping with the unlimited imagination of creative people, your awareness of the beautiful and original, and the constraints of timing and the fickleness of consumers.
As a future manager in the fashion, luxury and design-based industries, Milan gives you better opportunities in these industrial fields than anywhere else.
Please consider the following key points about MAFED:
* Held in Milan, the well-known international capital of fashion and design;
* Targeted to international graduate students with backgrounds in management or in humanities;
* An exclusive faculty made up of academics, industry experts and professionals from leading fashion, design and experience-based companies;
* The support of the relevant international partnerships and networks established by SDA Bocconi in the fashion, luxury and design-based industries;
* A variety of teaching methods: case studies, company visits, guest speakers, role playing;
* Team and individual projects in leading Italian and international fashion, luxury and design-based companies;
* Extra-curricular activities, including an Italian language course.
For those who do not have a business background the Master starts in November: with Pre-courses, establishing and creating a common managerial platform among participants.
*Accounting and Control System Management
All partecipants, including those who did not attend Pre-courses, are required to take the Pre-courses exams at the beginning of the Program.
From January on, Courses in General Management allow participants to acquire methodological tools, providing an in-depth understanding of the key concepts which every professional should be familiar with in order to manage a company, with a specific focus to fashion and design based companies.
• Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Management Control Systems
• Marketing Management
• Corporate Finance
• Business Policy
• Data Analysis for Marketing Research
• Organization Design and Human Resources Management
• Business Plan
SPECIALIZED COURSES: FASHION, DESIGN & EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT (January - November)
Specialized courses provide an in-depth understanding of the key managerial processes in fashion and design based companies as well as in those where the purchasing behaviour depends on the value of the experience.
*History and Industry Analysis
*Management in Symbol Intensive Companies
*Management in Design-Based Companies
*Product Design in Fashion
*Operations & Supply Chain Management
*Sales & Retail Management
*Technology Strategy of the Fashion Industry
*Management of Creativity
*Advanced Brand Management
*Advanced Retail Management
FIELD PROJECTS June - November
Starting from June participants are asked to apply theories learned in class into real life. In company group projects cover several corporate aspects and functions (brand positioning, pricing, entry into new markets, etc.).
Seminars allow participants to deepen advanced topics and learn state of the art methodologies and tools to deal with them.
*The Italian and the French system in comparison
*Customer Relationship Management
*Monitor (Financial Communication)
*Competing Successfully in Jewellery and *Watch Industries
Start Date: 14th January 2013
Candidates are required to have:
* Application form submission;
* University degree in any discipline or equivalent level qualification recognised by SDA Bocconi University: candidates from disciplines other than business administration have to attend the pre-courses, from November to December;
* International profile with 2 years of professional experience;
* Fluent English: candidates who are not of English mother-tongue are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS
* Italian language instruction: although the program is mostly in English, participants not fluent in Italian should take an Italian course for beginners during the first part of the program.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition In-State Full Time:
Financial Aid Offered: No