M.A. Depth Psychology, Ph.D. Depth Psychology
Students interested in the M.A./Ph.D. Depth Psychology program with an emphasis in Somatic Studies have a variety of interests, experiences, and callings that have led them to believe that in order to study the psyche one must give primary attention to the body--its sensibilities, movements, symptoms, and many ways of healing. Prospective students come from many different backgrounds--some with established healing practices, some with a passion for researching this new field, and some with a desire to move forward in their study of depth psychology with the lived experience of the body as the primary focus.
Students in the Somatic Studies specialization:
• Read, interpret, and critically reflect upon the theories and traditions of Depth Psychology, remembering the body and recalling its voice
• Develop the capacity and skill to maintain awareness of and connection to the unconscious
• Learn techniques and practices of dream work, body movement, and active imagination as healing practices
• Develop literacy in the emerging domain of neuroscience as it applies of Depth Psychology and somatic studies
• Develop skills in research and writing that will support their efforts to articulate and promote effective healing practices
• Participate with likeminded scholars and healers in the expansion of a new exciting field
This program is offered in a low-residency format. While on campus students have the opportunity to participate in a traditional graduate setting, with lectures, presentations and one on one interaction with the faculty and other cohort members.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), specifically the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
International Student Requirements:
International students must submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). All foreign degrees must be evaluated by World Education Services and submitted to Pacifica's Admissions Office.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: Yes
Classification: Other Specialized Institutions
Institution Sector: Private for-profit
Locale: Midsize Suburb
Size & Settings: Under 1,000