M.S. - Emergency Management
The Master of Science in Emergency Management (MSEM) online program was developed in response to a nationwide need identified by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Courses are taught by faculty through the interdisciplinary Center for Disaster Research and Education. the program of courses and electives is designed to enhance student skills in leading efforts in planning, mitigating and responding to disastrous events. MSEM graduates are prepared to serve in a variety of positions in the emergency management field and attain Certified Emergency Manager status.
To apply for admission, you must submit to the Office of Graduate Studies:
* A completed graduate application and application fee (which is paid online).
* Resume and professional goals statement. Your statement should include experiences which have influenced your decision to pursue graduate studies and a self-assessment of your potential for advanced study and service in your chosen field.
* An official transcript from all institutions of higher education attended; verification of completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
* If your undergraduate grade point average (GPA) was below 2.75, an official score from either the GRE or GMAT test that was taken within five years of the date of application. If your undergraduate GPA was 2.75 or higher, the test is not required.
* Three professional letters of recommendation from non-relatives (online, in the application system).
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
In addition to the general eligibility requirements, International students must:
* Have official academic credentials sent to a recognized credential evaluation service for evaluation. English translations must accompany academic transcripts written in languages other than English.
* Proof of English language proficiency. Official TOEFL scores required if an applicant is a non-native speaker of English are: 500 on the paper-based test, 183 on the computer-based test, or 65 on the internet based test.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
$531.50 (PA Resident), $599.25 (Non-Resident onlin USD
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Public
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999