M.S. - Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate - Speech-Language Pathology (Bilingual English-Spanish)
The speech-language pathology program, leading to the master of science degree, is offered through the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology and is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing association (CAA-ASHA). The program is directed at preparing students for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CSS-SLP). For students interested in licensure as a public school speech-language clinician, the program meets the requirements of the Department of Public Instruction of the State of Wisconsin (DPI-WI) for licensure as a speech-language pathologist.
The graduate curriculum in speech-language pathology offers advanced course work in the prevention, identification, evaluation, and treatment of speech, language, and hearing disorders in both children and adults, meeting both the academic and clinical requirements of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and the licensure requirements of the State of Wisconsin.
The master of science program in speech-language pathology typically takes two years (four terms and one summer session) to complete; however, the time required to complete degree and certification/licensure requirements may be shorter or longer depending on the student's academic/clinical background, needs, and special interests.
1. A completed online application form and fee.
2. Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges/universities except Marquette.
3. Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic and clinical work.
4. A personal statement of career interests and goals.
5. GRE scores (General Test Only). Waived for applicants to the bachelor's-master's program.
6.(For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English procifiency.
7. (For BIES applicants only) a statement of purpose which must address Spanish proficiency, Spanish course work completed, any study abroad, and reasons for pursuing the BIES along with how it will influence the applicant's future.
International Student Requirements:
(For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English procifiency.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Doctoral/Research Universities - Extensive
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 10,000 - 19,999