M.Div in Biblical Studies;
M.Div in Christian Education & Formation;
M.Div in Missiology;
M.Div in Pastoral Care & Counseling;
M.Div in Pastoral Studies;
M.Div/M.A. in English;
M.Div/M.A. in English Education;
M.Div/M.A./Ed.S in Mental Health Counseling;
M.Div/M.A. in Religion
The School of Divinity as an academic unit of Gardner-Webb University is Baptist in origin and commitment, ecumenical in outlook, and has as its purpose the preparation of persons for Christian ministries. To achieve this end, the School of Divinity offers courses of study in which, under the leadership of dedicated and competent teachers, students engage in the study of and reflection upon the data, meaning and implications of the Christian faith, beginning at its biblical base; enter into thoughtful and critical assessments of church history and theology; become involved in the process of spiritual formation personally, socially, and vocationally; and participate in the study and practice of various expressions of Christian mission and ministry.
The School of Divinity is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools of the United States and Canada.
The requirements for full admission to the Master of Divinity degree program are the following:
1. Submit your $40.00 non-refundable application fee online or by check or money order to Gardner-Webb University
2. Request official transcripts of all previous baccalaureate and any graduate-level work be sent directly to the School of
Divinity Admissions office.
3. Submit three letters of recommendations
4. Submit Church Approval Form
5. Christian Pilgrimage Statement (1-2 page statement about your conversion, call to ministry, and vocational objectives in
6. A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
7. An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in baccalaureate work.
8. A stated and demonstrated commitment to ministry.
# of Credits Required:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 1,000 - 4,999