Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Format: Campus, Online
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Program offered by the Graduate School of Business at Gardner-Webb University is structured to prepare today's accountant for the significant changes that are impacting the accounting profession. The MAcc is recognized as the professional graduate degree designed to enhance effectiveness in upper-level accounting and financial positions in public accounting, private industry, or government.
The flexibility of the MAcc degree provides for the creation of several career-specific degree tracks. Among the degree tracks available are general accounting and taxation. While some tracks are accomplished primarily through selected course work, other tracks require a selection of complementary graduate business (non-accounting) courses. Graduates of the MAcc program should meet the new North Carolina requirements for professional licensure. Courses are offered in the evenings as well as several offered online to accommodate working professionals.
The 30 credit-hour curriculum includes 18 hours of graduate accounting courses and 12 hours of supporting graduate business (non-accounting) course work. The 18-month outline of courses has a logical sequence progressing from required courses of advanced accounting information systems, advanced auditing, accounting theory practice, federal income tax to courses in major emphasis areas. No specific courses are required in the graduate business (non-accounting) course work, thus creating a flexible degree program that can be tailored to an individual career path. The 12 hours of graduate business (non-accounting) courses may be used to concentrate in a second area of expertise or to broaden the student's graduate business education.
The MAcc degree program is available completely online.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award MBA, MAcc, and International MBA degrees to qualified candidates. This regional accrediting agency regulates major universities throughout the southeast to evaluate the quality of their programs in or maintain a high level of academic excellence. Additionally, the School of Business is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate School of Business, you should do the following:
1. Submit your $40.00 non-refundable application fee online or by check or money order to Gardner-Webb University
2. Submit Official Undergraduate and Graduate level transcripts -Electronic Transcripts - if sending an electronic transcript, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Submit Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
4. Submit a sufficient GMAT or GRE Score
5. Submit Three (3) References
6. Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university/college with satisfactory GPA
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa.
-Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following: Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 1,000 - 4,999