Ed.D. - Educational Leadership
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program is a 63-semester hour program designed for potential and practicing educational leaders who wish to develop and refine their leadership skills in complex organizations. Schools and organizations are dynamic institutions whose practice is shaped by powerful and influential interests. As a result, the economic, political, social, and technological environments of organizations deal with constant change. This degree program is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and beliefs that will enable them to function effectively in leadership roles in a fluctuating environment. The purpose of the Educational Leadership degree is to develop education leaders through courses, research, seminars, and internships in an environment based in Christian principles and values.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Education program is accredited by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Applicants must hold an entry-level license in school administration, possess a master's degree, and have a minimum of 3 years successful administrative/teaching experience.
1. Complete an application for admission including a copy of your current school administrator's license.
2. Attach a $40.00 non-refundable application fee, either check or money order, OR apply online FREE.
3. Have five (5) people who know your work as an educator or graduate student and your potential fill out the
4. Have an official transcript of all master's level work sent to you in an envelope sealed by the registrar.
5. Write a personal essay explaining your purpose in wanting to earn a doctoral degree in educational leadership.
6. Arrange to take the Graduate Record Exam (General Test) and have those scores sent to the Graduate Admissions Office
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES for Evaluation
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa.
-Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following:
Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 1,000 - 4,999