Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction
The Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program is a 63-semester hour program designed for potential and practicing curriculum facilitators who wish to develop and refine their curriculum skills to be used in complex organizations. Schools and organizations are dynamic institutions whose practice is shaped by powerful and influential interests. As a result, the economic, political, social, and technological environments of organizations deal with constant change. The Ed.D. CI degree program is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and beliefs that will enable them to function effectively in Curriculum roles in a fluctuating environment. The purpose of the C&I degree is to develop curriculum leaders through courses, research, seminars, and internships in an environment based in Christian principles and values.
To engage candidates in critical analysis of curriculum theory and practice;
To engage candidates in disciplined inquiry in the field of curriculum and instruction;
To prepare candidates for making contributions to curriculum theory and practice;
To prepare candidates to become curriculum leaders in organizations.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Education program is accredited by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
1. Applicants must hold an entry-level license in school administration, possess a master's degree, and have a minimum of 3 years successful administrative/teaching experience.
2. Complete the application, including a copy of your current teaching license or letter verifying appropriate experience.
3. Contact five (5) people who know your potential and work as an educator or graduate student.
4. Arrange to have an official transcript of all master’s level work sent to you in an envelope sealed by the registrar.
5. Write a personal essay explaining your purpose in wanting to earn a doctoral degree.
6. Arrange to take the Graduate Record Exam (General Test) and have those scores sent to the Graduate School Office from the testing agency.
Submit your $40.00 non-refundable application fee online or by check or money order to Gardner-Webb University
# of Credits Required:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: Yes
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 1,000 - 4,999